PDA

View Full Version : Today's F1?

bekisman
07-Sep-08, 22:27
Anyone watch today's F1? totally incomprehensible! - if you would like to add your name to this petition; feel free.. not long now before F1 loses all it's credibility. might not do any good but it helps the anger..

http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html)

Welcomefamily
07-Sep-08, 22:32
Signed allready, its a total con.

joxville
07-Sep-08, 22:36
I've signed although I don't expect the result to change, we all know the FIA always favour Ferrari.

Bad Manners
08-Sep-08, 09:00
You do know the F in Fi stands for Ferrari First At almost ever incident they always favour Ferrari It is time they were seen to be fair or we shold rename it to the Ferrari show

telfordstar
08-Sep-08, 10:55
Oh stop it. Lewis Hamilton totally deserved the penalty and I for one was glad to see it hapen to the "Golden Boy" the commentators need to remember there are 20 other drivers in the race and not just lewis hamilton its all you hear lewis this lewis that god it drives me mad.

Go Ferarri!!!!!!!!

Geo
08-Sep-08, 11:21
Why did he deserve it? He was pushed wide meaning he gained a position because he had to go straight at the chicane. He gave up the place keeping within the rules and then over took on the straight. I'm an F1 fan, I like a lot of teams and drivers and I can't see why he has been penalised. As much as I like Ferrari they do seem to get an awful lot of things their way. Even Charlie Whiting said it was a legit move.

Bad Manners
08-Sep-08, 11:29
Oh stop it. Lewis Hamilton totally deserved the penalty and I for one was glad to see it hapen to the "Golden Boy" the commentators need to remember there are 20 other drivers in the race and not just lewis hamilton its all you hear lewis this lewis that god it drives me mad.

Go Ferarri!!!!!!!!

I have to agree in part there are more drivers out there than Lewis Hamilton however being impartial it seems any time there is a dispute with Mc Laren or any other team the balance mostly falls on the side of ferrari
In this instance Lewis was pushed on to the run off area so had no alternative to cut the corner on realising the position he eased of and let Kimi passed he then out manovered him again (fair) and gained a position
in this instance i dont thing he should be punished.
Just for the record i'm a Red Bull man

MadPict
08-Sep-08, 12:33

Go Ferarri!!!!!!!!

Hmm, and if Lewis Hamilton just happened to be a Scot? If it was David Coulthard in the same position? How would you see it then?

It was a good race. Hamilton messed it up on the first lap but he managed to stay in second until the controversial overtake. He managed to keep the car on the track for the last 3 laps of the race which was something that Raikkonen couldn't. In view of the fact that Raikkonen crashed out, Hamilton didn't gain any advantage, so the victory should stand.

To quote a post on another forum -

Silverstone - Massa spins in the wet then drives intentional into oncoming traffic to spin turn back into the race. As i understand things, it is normal practice, for safety, to wait until all the ongoing traffic has passed before attempting such a move. No Action

Monaco - Raikkonen, drives into the back of Sutil. No Action

Canada - Hamilton drives into the back of Raikkonen in the pits, demoted 10 places on the next grid (sorry but I still do not see how this is different to Raikkonen driving into the back of Sutil and not receiving any penalty?)

Valencia - Massa released in front of Sutil, fined 10,000 euro.

Sums up the bias in the FIA towards Ferrari...

The stewards might as well have awarded the victory to Raikkonen...

telfordstar
08-Sep-08, 14:11
[quote=MadPict;428922]Hmm, and if Lewis Hamilton just happened to be a Scot? If it was David Coulthard in the same position? How would you see it then?

To be honest id view it the exact same it makes no difference to me where he comes from. The make such a big deal over him so what if hes young and just started big deal what about all the other drivers the dont get a look in.

Maybe they should rename it The lewis Hamilton show.:lol:

MadPict
08-Sep-08, 14:21
Well, it makes a change to all the years of "...and Michael Schumacher wins the <insert relevant name> Grand Prix"!!!

telfordstar
08-Sep-08, 14:24
Well, it makes a change to all the years of "...and Michael Schumacher wins the <insert relevant name> Grand Prix"!!!

Now weve got years of "Lewis Hamilton" to come:D

bekisman
08-Sep-08, 17:40
Oh well, so far 13,869 signatures, well at least some of us can see it was a travesty.
I see Former Formula One champion Niki Lauda has described it as "the worst judgment in the history of F1". It's NOT because it's Hamilton, it's just the amazing bias and extraordinary imbalance that has turned F1 into a political game - next season BBC have got the coverage, lets hope the FIA will have a spring-clean at the same time - We will see if the FIA has the backbone to overturn the decision of certain stewards i.e. Nicholas Deschaux, Surinder Thatti and Yves Bacquelaine...

bekisman
10-Sep-08, 15:05
Well, my impression of Raikkonen has grown! - it's quoted on two sites so far, so we will see

"World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is prepared to testify on behalf of arch rival Lewis Hamilton at the FIA hearing that will result from McLaren Mercedes' protest of the penalty imposed on Hamilton after the Belgian Grand Prix. "I don't care what the stewards said, as far as I was concerned, Hamilton let me by as we passed the pits", said Raikkonen in Geneva today. "I got ahead, I tried to defend the position and the race was on again. My car was for sure very difficult on the prime tyres in the rain and Lewis got by me into the hairpin. That was that."

Raikkonen went on, "For sure, I don't like to lose but I don't like to win through stupid decisions. People say I have lost the love (for F1) but yesterday I showed that second was not what I wanted. There are five races to go and I plan to win them all. I'm not the sort to give up that easily."

Asked if he was prepared to testify to that effect if the McLaren protest goes to the FIA, Raikkonen simply said, "Yes, why not."
(Interesting to see that near 37,000 have signed the petition to the FIA about the stupid decision!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A40802384 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A40802384) and http://forums.skysports.com/viewtopic.aspx?s=4&b=9&c=29&f=530&t=47495&p=1 (http://forums.skysports.com/viewtopic.aspx?s=4&b=9&c=29&f=530&t=47495&p=1)

Metalattakk
10-Sep-08, 15:10
Both stories are taken from Gazetta Dello Sport, and there's no mention of it on their website at all. Wishful thinking perhaps?

nightspirit
10-Sep-08, 21:39
It has been obvious to EVERYONE who has followed F1 for years that ferrari are saints and can do nothing wrong in the eyse of the FIA all the gamesmanship of schumacher in the past getting away with it scot free whils the likes of Wiliams in the late 80's early 90's constantly peing penalise and now mclaren it is always whoever is thretening there golden boys... It is really about time they looked at getting a completly impartial comitte or somthingto oversee this - to have checked with the stewards not only once but twice during the race and the fact that Kimi spun off and there was no realistic change of the others catching up to allow 3 very minor functionaries to influence the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to this degree is totally crazy... for now i think they really really need to take a hard look and say are we damaging the sport and its reputation .. a lot of people would say yes .. it is about time they let the driving talk and not petty squabbles - there was no clear advantage on sunday just 1 driver that was better in the wet than another but they could not leave it alone... We will see if they come to there sences on Tuesday and reviw the evidence properly !!

Metalattakk
10-Sep-08, 21:58
I think he was trying to seek an unfair advantage, in fact there's no doubt in my mind.

Put it this way, if there had been hard rails on the trackside, he would have careered into them, putting him out of the race. But no, he used the open area to avoid an accident of his own making. He tried to pass from an impossible position, and Raikkonen closed him out in a proper fashion.

I see no reason for the result to be overturned in Hamilton's favour.

Geo
10-Sep-08, 22:08
I tend to side with the F1 experts most of whom appear to be coming out in favour of Hamilton. Rather than go off track should he have stuck to the line and took himself and Raikonnen out of the race?

Metalattakk
10-Sep-08, 22:14
He shouldn't have made the pass move in the first place. It was clear that Raikkonen was going to close him out.

Geo
10-Sep-08, 22:26
It's what F1 shoud be all about but then it hasn't been about overtaking for years.

Metalattakk
10-Sep-08, 22:31
True. Most races are won in the pit-lanes these days. :(

He still should know that there's places and times to overtake, and sometimes there is neither - the kart-racer is still apparent in him, obviously. He's got time on his side though, as long as he doesn't fall for his own hype in the meantime.

Geo
10-Sep-08, 22:43
True with time he could be one of the great drivers. Perhaps a bit impatient at times but he will learn.

Metalattakk
10-Sep-08, 22:50
True with time he could be one of the great drivers.
Aye, maybe. He won't do it on the back of the OTT media coverage he gets though. Results and performances will be the making or breaking of him.

[Perhaps a bit impatient at times but he will learn.
He certainly has time on his side in that respect. Whether he has the infrastructure around him to allow it to happen is a different matter.