PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Piper??

chamb
07-Sep-08, 16:56
Did any other folks of springpark get a startling awakening at 1:45am this morning??

I Sure did!!

We were woken by a inconsiderate Junior Member of THURSO Pipe Band, I could name him but I wont at the moment, he was with another piper and His DAD (who also happens to be a member of the band, who walk round collecting on satursay nights), who you would think should have known better.

At 1:45am they were coming up Mount Pleasant Road in full throws of a tune, not caring who was nicely tucked up in bed, or who was working at 6am the next morning.

I presume if you cant toot your car horn after 11pm, you cant walk through the street playing the pipes?

Not a good advert for Thurso Pipe Band, it was thoughtless!

Amy-Winehouse
07-Sep-08, 17:10
How ungrateful of you to complain about the sound of the pipes[lol] Even if it was nearly 2 am. You should be proud to have been woken up by the nationally accepted music , I know that i used to have a neighbour that played the pipes & we were often entranced out of our slumbers at some odd hour of night to the wonderful tunes that he would play.

The thing that annoyed me was that he could play his pipes as loud & proud as possible anytime of day yet the youngsters that lived on the other side of us were always getting visits from the Police telling them to turn their music down, Dance music, which I actually like , There is one rule for one & another rule for those that didnt like the pipes.

gollach
07-Sep-08, 17:28
I was leaving Park Hotel after a wedding dance last night and couldn't understand why I could hear bagpipes on the way home. Sound certainly travels well at that time of night!

Melancholy Man
07-Sep-08, 17:35
... show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I want to go to bed, I had a little {hic} drink an hour ago and it's gone right to my head...

Sapphire2803
07-Sep-08, 17:58
They don't want to try that where I live. I do not like to wake up when I'm supposed to, never mind that time of the morning.

Yep, try that round here and they may end up in casualty having their pipes removed from somewhere delicate! :lol:

unicorn
07-Sep-08, 20:01
If it is a one off I would not have an issue with it at all, and actually find drunken pipers quite funny [lol]

teenybash
07-Sep-08, 20:12
I used to live next door to a piper????? and he was so awful it sounded more as if he was strangling a cat. Every Saturday and Sunday morning around 8am you would hear the menacing drone and then the screeching and scowling started.....I moved house. :)

Melancholy Man
07-Sep-08, 20:19
We must not look at goblin men, we must not buy their fruit... sorry, wrong goblin song... see the little goblin {hic}, and his little {hic} nosy-wosie, isn't the {hic} go... {hic} ... blin sweet {hic} {hic} {hic}

northener
07-Sep-08, 20:28
We must not look at goblin men, we must not buy their fruit... sorry, wrong goblin song... see the little goblin {hic}, and his little {hic} nosy-wosie, isn't the {hic} go... {hic} ... blin sweet {hic} {hic} {hic}

You had me worried for a second, MM. I thought you meant Christina Rosetti was also a bagpipe player.:eek:

Melancholy Man
07-Sep-08, 20:53
You had me worried for a second, MM. I thought you meant Christina Rosetti was also a bagpipe player.:eek:

You had me worried for a second, MM. I thought you meant Christina Rosetti was also a bagpipe player.

Venture
07-Sep-08, 21:55
You had me worried for a second, MM. I thought you meant Christina Rosetti was also a bagpipe player.

I think it's all been too much for you today MM what with bagpipes, black holes and containers. Talking of which has anyone got a spare wheelie bin to put MM in.[lol]

DeHaviLand
07-Sep-08, 22:47
3 pointless posts in the 1 thread MM! Are you trying to break your record?:lol:

Melancholy Man
07-Sep-08, 23:08
You don't know what it was like outside, with the darkness. The silence. The diamonds. The midnight!

chamb
09-Sep-08, 15:56
I too love the sound of the pipes, but at the right time of day, not in the niddle of the night in a residential area?

jo17
09-Sep-08, 22:25
you must have a boring life if your complaining about a young lad playing the bagpipes for a bit oh crack after a night out

sadam
09-Sep-08, 22:59
I think youve got your facts WRONG Chamb cause I passed in a car and it wasn't the young lad that you are blamming for the said disturbance. tut tut stop jumping to conclusions.

placman
09-Sep-08, 23:01
Live and let live I wonder what you would say if the boot was on the other foot and one of your own family causing a disturbance or a neighbour had a party with music these sort of things happen in a built up area. Finally as it was said a one off surely to goodness.

Thorfin
10-Sep-08, 09:06
I wonder how you are going to feel the next time you meet or see this young piper’s folks mum, dad, grand parents, aunties, uncles who you have all but named and shamed for doing something which he has worked hard to achieve and is proud of. If it was him that was doing it ?? Hmm not so sure now are we. At least he wasn’t damaging paint work on cars or the wing mirrors of cars like others. There’s never anyone around to see who that was???

chamb
10-Sep-08, 11:37
I think youve got your facts WRONG Chamb cause I passed in a car and it wasn't the young lad that you are blamming for the said disturbance. tut tut stop jumping to conclusions.

How convienient?? But YES it was the lad, if it want he doing a good impression!

And if I did ever see the boy or family, make no mistake I will question them, yeh theres having fun etc, but why are you not allowed to disturb the peace by beeping a horn but yet you can march playing the pipes through the night.

End of argument?? It was a waste o time putting anything on the org, because at the end of the day its people with nothing to do that reply with nothing worth writing?? Funny that!!!!

tisme
10-Sep-08, 12:55
How convienient?? But YES it was the lad, if it want he doing a good impression!

And if I did ever see the boy or family, make no mistake I will question them, yeh theres having fun etc, but why are you not allowed to disturb the peace by beeping a horn but yet you can march playing the pipes through the night.

End of argument?? It was a waste o time putting anything on the org, because at the end of the day its people with nothing to do that reply with nothing worth writing?? Funny that!!!!

Or post in some cases perhaps??

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Sep-08, 13:51
It is a Scotsman's right, by law, to play the pipes ANY time of the day.

AfternoonDelight
10-Sep-08, 14:02

If you don't want to run the risk of people disagreeing with you then don't bring up the subject in the first place... You obviously thought everyone was going to share your indignation and when they didn't it wasn't to your liking. That's life - I suggest you get one. :roll:

telfordstar
10-Sep-08, 15:01
If you don't want to run the risk of people disagreeing with you then don't bring up the subject in the first place... You obviously thought everyone was going to share your indignation and when they didn't it wasn't to your liking. That's life - I suggest you get one. :roll:

Another thread gone bellys up again i see. I would very much like to see what your reaction Afternoon Delight would be if somone making any kind of noise disturbed your peacefull night sleep would you open your window and shout "cheers for that mate" I think not.

Im with you Chamb id hate to be woken up at all hurs of the night bagpipes or not and im sure the majority of folk wouldnt like it either. Some people on here love to stir and cause a bit of trouble. Its them that needs to "get a life".

AfternoonDelight
10-Sep-08, 17:00
Indeed... :roll:

Buttercup
10-Sep-08, 17:15
Did any other folks of springpark get a startling awakening at 1:45am this morning??

I Sure did!!

We were woken by a inconsiderate Junior Member of THURSO Pipe Band, I could name him but I wont at the moment, he was with another piper and His DAD (who also happens to be a member of the band, who walk round collecting on satursay nights), who you would think should have known better.

At 1:45am they were coming up Mount Pleasant Road in full throws of a tune, not caring who was nicely tucked up in bed, or who was working at 6am the next morning.

I presume if you cant toot your car horn after 11pm, you cant walk through the street playing the pipes?

Not a good advert for Thurso Pipe Band, it was thoughtless!

And what did the Police say? ~ I take it you DID report it especially when you KNOW who was causing the disturbance. :confused

Thorfin
10-Sep-08, 17:18
one night in 356 nights lets hope the rest are restful for you, one wonders

Melancholy Man
10-Sep-08, 18:31
Personally, I report anyone who sits in my favourite seat at the opera to the police, and write outraged letters to the Groat when kids wear their base-ball caps back to front.

joxville
10-Sep-08, 18:40
one night in 356 nights lets hope the rest are restful for you, one wonders

You've lost nine nights! Maybe they're inside the Large Hadron Collider. [lol]

Thorfin
10-Sep-08, 22:22
opps at must have been the nights I lost sleep because of ?????