PDA

View Full Version : house prices...

landmarker
02-Jan-06, 21:29
....a t.v. prog tonight reported that property prices in the Highland region have rocketed by 27% in the last year. I dont think the rise is quite so spectacular in Caithness but it wont be far off.

My question is, can this be sustained? How does it affect locals, especially first time buyers. What is the general mood? Are people happy to see their notional assets increasing, or is there an air of despair that things are getting out of hand. Is there resentment at the kind of people who may be moving into the area, taking advantage of what are, in national terms, still relatively affordable prices.

As the topic has become part of a national obsession, I'm sure you must have had a thread on it in the recent past. Please excuse me if this is the case.

Alan

EDDIE
02-Jan-06, 21:59
Well if you own a house your laughing all the way to the bank but if your a first time buyer then its a nightmare probably due to the shortage of houses.
Its sad because the one thing we all need is a nice house and its the most expensive thing you will ever probably buy.
Its just a shame the government couldnt do something to make the prices of houses more affordable to the average working family