PDA

View Full Version : The Real Monarch of The Glen TV prog

Iffy
07-Sep-08, 12:52
Did anyone watch the recent series on TV "The Real Monarch Of The Glen" ?
Well "Shy Johnnie" the digger driver is actually my brother !!
And NO - hes is DEFINETLY NOT shy "" - also I'm nothing like my bro !!
What is everyone's opinion on Paul Lister then ?

silverfox57
07-Sep-08, 13:10
hi iffy welcome to the org.

Kevin Milkins
07-Sep-08, 13:26
Hi Iffy
It was one that I was wanting to watch and missed it.
I will have a look on the Iplayer.
I always took you to be shy though.:D

Iffy
07-Sep-08, 13:29
Hi Kevin
No, I used to be shy but I grew up !!!

emszxr
07-Sep-08, 13:37
i thought when he was talking about laying your brother off and reducing costs and then on the other hand hiring a private plane to transport 2 moose which would have cost thousands was a bit silly.
i cant see him ever getting away with putting bear and wolf in the enclosure though.

-Sarah-
07-Sep-08, 22:05
When I watched it I was like...that digger driver sounds like a right wicker! I thought he was good in it. Does he still have his job then?

Welcomefamily
07-Sep-08, 22:34
Hi Iffy and Sarah and any other new members as they dont seem to be introducing them selves.

Iffy
08-Sep-08, 17:08
Hi emszrx and Sarah

Yes my brother still works for The Alladale Estate and is still thoroughly enjoying it. You were right, emszrx, no one can understand Paul Listers reasoning when it comes to his loyal staff and bringing in wild animals that are obviously going to cost him a fortune - mind you, considering his family comes with the huge money that came from the company MFI, then he can just do as he pleases ????

Iffy
08-Sep-08, 17:09
Yeah, I too would love to know who the other "viewers" are and also their comments ???????????????????????????????

teenybash
08-Sep-08, 22:27
Your brother seems a nice guy and came over well........bet you are just as nice.
Good luck Iffy :)

teenybash
09-Sep-08, 19:58
Yeah, I too would love to know who the other "viewers" are and also their comments ???????????????????????????????

Scenery was spectacular as was expected in Gods own country...the staff around Mr Lister came across as warm, friendly and down to earth, a great team....but Paul Lister himself...........I would not leave this man in charge of a jar full of midgies. For his plan to succeed he will need an army of experienced animal keepers and him well out of the way as he came across as being afraid of animals......his reactions to the wolves basically said he should never had been allowed in with them in the first place....
He gets a thumbs down from me.......:eek: