PDA

View Full Version : Missing hamster

balto
06-Sep-08, 22:30
my hamster went missing on monday night, and after looking everywhere for her, we just thought she had been caught by one of our cats and we had given up on ever seeing her again, just wanted to find her body to bury, well tonight(saturday) my girls were in my bedroom getting towels for their bath, and they spotted her in amongst the stuff i have sitting for the new baby, just hope she hasnt chewed any of it. she seems fine part from being itchy, but i think mayby that long without water might have affected her skin, she has just devoured a whole bowel of food. Just cant believe she is back with us after all this time.

teenybash
06-Sep-08, 22:39
A nice happy bit of news........bet hammy is glad to be found and back in her cosy cage :Razz

balto
06-Sep-08, 22:45
not sure, she is just running bout just now, she is most likely thining where has all my freedom gone, with 3 cats and a dog how she survived is beyond me.

carasmam
06-Sep-08, 22:54
She must have 9 lives - thats one lucky hamster :D

balto
06-Sep-08, 23:01
She must have 9 lives - thats one lucky hamster :D
reckon she has used them all now, she is forever escaping nd sandy(my ginger tom) has caught her, but thankfully someone has always noticed in time. lol[lol][lol]

brandy
07-Sep-08, 09:53
our hamster blue (RIP) went missing for 2 weeks once!!!! we were on holiday and muy mate tried her best to catch her.. kept leaving cage open and putting food in it and leaving water.. she kept eating and drinking but was clever enough to hightail it before my mate showed up!
we though she was a goner for sure by the time we got back!
but after 2 weeks of my mate ripping the house apart looking for her.. the night we came home.. she walked out into the kitchen floor.. looked up at me.. as if to say.. oh there you are where have you been.. she sit still while i scooped her up and took her back to her cage, and was quite content.. she did have loose bowels for a couple days that had me worried (wet bottom) but i think that it must have just been something she ate that she was not meant to!
the gerbils have exscaped several times but they do not get far.. my faithful hunting doodle bubble will sniff them out and stand there guarding until i catch them. dosent make a move towards them just corners them and keeps them in her sights!