PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Dance Contest

mccaugm
06-Sep-08, 22:17
Currently watching this. I am cracking up at the commentary, they are giving Terry Wogan a run for his money. (Len Goodman and Craig Revel Horwood). The wonderful touches of sarcasm mixed with good judgemental honesty, priceless!

At the time of writing UK have come about 10th on 47 and Poland have just won on 154. I am delighted as they are the team I wanted to win. The UK were good but Poland were better. Sorry if that sticks in anyones throat.

Welcomefamily
06-Sep-08, 22:20
was the voting less political than the song version?

wifie
06-Sep-08, 22:30
Yep thought Len and Craigie boy were superb! Loved their optimism that as each country voted and UK were gettin nothing they hoped the 12 would be theirs! [lol] Some weird stuff but some lovely dancin too! Well done Poland!

mccaugm
06-Sep-08, 22:44
was the voting less political than the song version?
Fewer countries competing but it was voted by the countries themselves after the judges put ther tuppenworth in.
Did not like the Grecian team, thought they were a couple of fakes. The idea was you have a novice and a trained dancer. The novice is not meant to be a dancer and I would of thought actually from the country competing. The Grecian team were Australian and I think American. She was the trained dancer and he was her ex dance partner. I think that smacks of ,er, um, cheating. He now works as a water sports trainer, something like that. I would of been livid if they had won.

Welcomefamily
06-Sep-08, 23:29
It was a good job they did not then,why do people have to push the rules always.

Bad Manners
07-Sep-08, 09:50
I think the only thing missing was to see Len and Craig their faces must have been a picture. I,m glad the Polish couple won they were the better on the night. though there was some political marking it didn't spoil it too much.