PDA

View Full Version : How tolerant are you really..???

justine
06-Sep-08, 17:17
Ok totaly hyperthetical thread, nothing real just something to get a debate going.

Ok you are having a dispute with either a neighbour,work mate,family member, does not matter who or why, but how much would you take before you decided enough was enough.

Lets just say its with a work mate, who you are friends with, something happens and then things between you go down the pan so to speak.You try to get on with your work, and your life but the other person is doing everything to get you into trouble with the boss, running to them telling them you are being incompetant at your job, maybe trying their best to make you out to be a waste of time, you getting flack from the boss for nothing, how much would you take.
How would you resolve the problem, how far would you be pushed before you finally had enough..

Torvaig
06-Sep-08, 17:25
I would move to another employer; ;) one who would respect me and not listen to tittle tattle from a troublemaker. Any decent boss knows his individual employee's worth and I wouldn't want to continue working with such a spiteful colleague........ :)

Angela
06-Sep-08, 17:37
Been there, done that...moved to another job!:)

I realised I couldn't trust the colleague I'd thought was a friend and I lost all respect for my boss.[disgust]

teenybash
06-Sep-08, 18:33
Initially I would ask the troublemaker why they felt there was a problem and the need to continually go to the boss. If they were stroppy or refused to discuss the matter, I would then go to the boss and explain I was having a problem with whoever and ask outright if there was a problem with my work, attitude or whatever. If they were biased towards the troublemaker I would start looking for another position......and when I found one , tell them....Go Stuff it Losers!!!!![lol]

TBH
06-Sep-08, 18:37
Talking hyperthetically I would get the trouble maker in a quiet area and smack him about the lughole and tell him if he ever again ran telling tales to the boss, I would target members of his family and slap them about the lugholes to.:evil

dogman
06-Sep-08, 18:49
Ok totaly hyperthetical thread, nothing real just something to get a debate going.

Ok you are having a dispute with either a neighbour,work mate,family member, does not matter who or why, but how much would you take before you decided enough was enough.

Lets just say its with a work mate, who you are friends with, something happens and then things between you go down the pan so to speak.You try to get on with your work, and your life but the other person is doing everything to get you into trouble with the boss, running to them telling them you are being incompetant at your job, maybe trying their best to make you out to be a waste of time, you getting flack from the boss for nothing, how much would you take.
How would you resolve the problem, how far would you be pushed before you finally had enough..

would be difficult not to follow this person into the bathroom and open up a can of whoop-ass!;)

catnip
06-Sep-08, 19:26

When things like that happen it makes you feel that you are useless at your job, there is nothing that you can do right and it always seems to be your fault. These incidents can really make a person worry far too much and can make some people ill.
You may have been employed before and had no complaints and were praised for your good work and stamina within the job.
But it can make you feel really depressed and wonder if it is all worth it. That being the case, look for another job, but this is happening everywhere, this is life !

pat
06-Sep-08, 19:26
If someone causes trouble like that, I would not bother with them or the boss, it would never be over and done with and put behind everyone, someone always 'remembers' it differently - find another job and a boss who appreciates work well done, usually with much better conditions and pay.

Do not leave with a slanging match or bad feeling but point out to the boss there are two sides to every story and should hear both sides before deciding or judging the situation.

No doubt the boss will begin to be more careful as to the decision and judgements made, especially on onesided hearsay.

silverfox57
06-Sep-08, 19:30
Talking hyperthetically I would get the trouble maker in a quiet area and smack him about the lughole and tell him if he ever again ran telling tales to the boss, I would target members of his family and slap them about the lugholes to.:evil
glad you are only taking hyperthetically,as you should not be smacking people about the lughole,TBH hope my ears dont start to burn:lol::lol:

golach
06-Sep-08, 19:40
Personally I would not have stood for the abuse, and that's what the hypothetical situation is. I would have demanded a meeting with the boss and suggested the abuser attend to put their side, to resolve the issue. It is surprising how issues cool down, when the bluff is called.

karia
06-Sep-08, 19:47
And for all of you who have happily used 'hyperthetical' just to poke fun at Justine?:eek:

She and I may not be friends but I defend her right not to have the 'p' taken out of her because of her spelling.

Welcomefamily
06-Sep-08, 20:21
Note your concerns in writing to your boss and keep a copy make sure its dated and stamped, if after one week things do not improve or has not stropped you need to write a second letter or go to your bosses boss if one. If you are accused of any wrong doing then make a note of it and reply in writing keeping copies.

It looks like someone is going to find it difficult there but why should you leave? at least if you are pushed out because of stress due to a bad working environment and your boss has done nothing about it then you could make a claim at a later date. If unsure they would go to a CAB, in any letters get them checked by someone even the CAB for spelling etc.

Last thing under no circumstance they would have any sort of slanging match just walk away and record it.

TBH
06-Sep-08, 20:27
And for all of you who have happily used 'hyperthetical' just to poke fun at Justine?:eek:

She and I may not be friends but I defend her right not to have the 'p' taken out of her because of her spelling.I thought that was how hyperthetical was spelt.

northener
06-Sep-08, 21:02
Justine,

Put your side of the story to the boss. You'll soon find out if they are any good at their job.

That way, if nothing is done you can tell them to shove their job with a clear conscience..life's too short to be worrying about two-bit jobsworths and brainless gossips.

balto
06-Sep-08, 21:06
if i got nowhere with my boss, or the beings higher up, then i would look to go somewhere else for a job, as you would just end up making yourself ill, by staying in the same job.

router
06-Sep-08, 22:42
i've had a few who have worked beside me,moaning all the time or causing a bad atmosphere or being plain snyde with things ,fortunately i was in the position to have them kicked out ;)
i would do the same again ,meaning i would do what i could to have them removed,i would never leave because of anyone who causes so much trouble amongst folk who are happy to toil away.

EDDIE
07-Sep-08, 08:20
the way i see it if someone is speaking about me it gives someone else a rest.But when u meet people at work that come up to u and slag of other people behind there back there is a very high chance that they will slag u off behind your back its just the way of the world.
When u neet these type of people the best way to treat them is like a mushroom keep them in the dark and feed them sh_t

Nvidi4
07-Sep-08, 08:38

Ahh.......in my case I left the job, who'd want to work or be around nasty evil people like that! Me I was happy to work when there was plenty work, happy to take time off when there wasn't.......never did know why one day my work was good enough and the next it wasn't..........it would seem that I was right in my suspicions that one nasty evil little person put a spoke in the wheels for me by running to the boss and saying that i was incompetent when I wasn't really! Infact it was the exact opposite I was extremely competent and an asset to the business but at teh same time a threat to them that couldnt be bothered and wanted to work at "their" pace! And yes it did make me ill........but looking back in retrospect I should have dug my heels in and carried on regardless.........dont let them win justine!

justine
07-Sep-08, 12:00
What if you dont want to leave the job, but your life is being made miserable because some plonker takes a disliking to you or decide that for some reason they want to play games that causes nothing but stress.

Karia, i did not get the impression that anyone was taking the 'P' as you put it, infact it did not seem anyone but yourself picked up on the spelling mistake and highlighted it.:confused

hotrod4
07-Sep-08, 12:12
Simple answer-Ask them outside for a little"chat" if all other options are exhausted,but I suppose if they were a neighbour then you would have to live with whatever you do for a long time, as its hard to not see each other everyday.

justine
07-Sep-08, 12:16
Simple answer-Ask them outside for a little"chat" if all other options are exhausted,but I suppose if they were a neighbour then you would have to live with whatever you do for a long time, as its hard to not see each other everyday.

Taking someone outside for a little chat may be a good answer, but things may not be that easy. If it were a neighbour it would be easier to deal with as you can blank out the idiots and get on with your life, especially as the neighbour does not pay your wage.