PDA

View Full Version : what's up

pat
06-Sep-08, 16:47
there are 210 people logged on to Caithness.org - over 71 logged into the General part but is everyone a lurker or are you frightened to post?

Let us know which you are and lets get something to talk about - it is getting to be like watching paint dry at present on the general forum.

DeHaviLand
06-Sep-08, 16:51
Lol, thats quite funny Pat, coming from someone who averages one post every 4 days:lol:.

pat
06-Sep-08, 16:54
At least I do post sometimes!!!!!

silverfox57
06-Sep-08, 17:00
agree with you pat,seems to be just the same orgers posting.we could do with some luckers posting to open up forum for more debates,we cant bite on a keyboard,

twiglet
06-Sep-08, 17:07
Some of us post occasionally, lol. Does seem to be the same people posting most of the time tho.

justine
06-Sep-08, 17:11
But there seems to be a lack of things to discuss on the org these days.If you start a thread it gets jumped on because of speculation. I could come up with a few to debate but it would probably turn into a slanging match.:roll:

Angela
06-Sep-08, 17:21
I don't post as much as I used to -really can't seem to find the enthusiasm!

I've had a nasty virus for the past three weeks which has pretty much wiped me out......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................. .:eek::(

Kevin Milkins
06-Sep-08, 18:15
I think many folk look at the org as a battle of wits as opposed to a light hearted debate forum and choose not to get dragged in.:confused

karia
06-Sep-08, 18:18
I don't post as much as I used to -really can't seem to find the enthusiasm!

I've had a nasty virus for the past three weeks which has pretty much wiped me out......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................. .:eek::(

No virus here.....but no enthusiasm either.

I am preferring Forums where things are 'discussed' not 'argued' about and where the loudest shouter doesn't always win the day simply by wearing everyone else down.

Must be getting old I guess!;)

Welcomefamily
06-Sep-08, 18:21
Im a lurker, dont like the sound of my own opinons.

karia
06-Sep-08, 18:21
I think many folk look at the org as a battle of wits as opposed to a light hearted debate forum and choose not to get dragged in.:confused

Precisely kevin!

Often the point scoring between 'personalities' overshadows the topic under discussion.

TBH
06-Sep-08, 18:22
I think many folk look at the org as a battle of wits as opposed to a light hearted debate forum and choose not to get dragged in.:confusedIt's hard to have a battle of wits if you are unarmed, I should know.;)

karia
06-Sep-08, 18:23
It's hard to have a battle of wits if you are unarmed, I should know.;)

What..you are not disarmingly charming?![lol]

Angela
06-Sep-08, 18:29

I think more than a few see it as a battleground and don't want to become casualties of Org Wars.....:eek:

TBH
06-Sep-08, 18:29
Am are so.:lol:

karia
06-Sep-08, 18:50
I can honestly say that my 3 month suspension from here was one of the best things that could have happened to me. I discovered how relaxing it was not to be constantly in a seeming 'fight to the death' with someone who simply differed in opinion. I also discovered that most Forums don't resort to personal mud slinging when discussing things....it's not the norm!

If I have barely posted since my return then a lot is down to saving my breath for stuff that matters....not wasting it in futile debate with those whose views are fixed.

I'm sure there are those who will say 'Mind the door doesn't hit yer bum on the way oot'.:lol:

That door has a very worn patch on it now given those who have left already!:(

Tighsonas4
06-Sep-08, 20:49
wondered what the penalty was karia but was afraid to ask least i was the next victim but now i know [lol] cheers tony

karia
06-Sep-08, 20:56
Ye're too nice and no easy wound up my guid pal...nae worries!

mccaugm
06-Sep-08, 22:20
Some of us post occasionally, lol. Does seem to be the same people posting most of the time tho.

I post most days....cannot see the point in lurking, how boring!

NLP
06-Sep-08, 22:40
I'm lurking every day, I'm someone who never has much to say(one of the quiet ones) it's no different on here.

balto
06-Sep-08, 22:43
it is the very rare day, i just come on and lurk, most of the time i like to have my say, which isnt important to anyone but me, but hey i enjoy doing it.

Tilter
07-Sep-08, 00:35
I like the Org for general time-wasting and also for when I'm eating my lunch. If I'm supposed to be doing something on the computer, I don't get round to it because I come on the Org instead. Wouldn't dream of keeping my gob shut.

It's a shame that some of the nicest posters think it's too much a battle of wits rather than light-hearted debate. But you get the light-hearted comments coming through in the serious stuff. I think you have to be a bit thick-skinned. I'm leery of actually starting threads though. Someone start some nice light-hearted debate threads please. You can just ignore the wits-battlers.

Metalattakk
07-Sep-08, 00:51
If I'm interested enough to post, I'll post. If not, I won't.

Last thing I'll do is post just for the sake of posting.

unicorn
07-Sep-08, 01:03
I think I post less without the preview of threads now as I am too lazy to read them all :lol:

Anne x
07-Sep-08, 01:16
I tend not to post on General as the put downers jump on it so quickly light hearted threads get frowned upon :lol:
less educated and un political people are looked down on :eek:
opinionated people thrive on it :confused ah well its a forum be we all the same there would be no thread to post on thank goodness for freedom of speech or power to the finger that can type
original post I lurked a while and joined the band that is e org