04-Sep-08, 20:52
When you notice you fancy mum more than the daughter. :Razz

How old is old?:confused
How old is Gary Glitter.:roll:

Welcomefamily
04-Sep-08, 20:59
How old is old?:confused
How old is Gary Glitter.:roll:

The signs of getting older, normally its some thing that seems to grow on you. Like instead of lifting your foot to tie yous shoes laces you now have to bend down.

Melancholy Man
04-Sep-08, 21:05
I ain't exactly long in the tooth, but already I'm dressing like... what did someone say... oh, yes, the anachronistically ranked DCS Christopher Foyle.

Kevin Milkins
04-Sep-08, 21:09
I think a sure sign of getting on a bit is when your grandchildren talk to you in that intfantile language that you used to talk to them with when they were small.:lol:[disgust]

wifie
04-Sep-08, 21:12
Which particular Christopher Foyle MM? Sadly I cannot comment on aging being a mere filly myself! ;)

Melancholy Man
04-Sep-08, 21:15
My name's Foyle, and I'm a police officer.

percy toboggan
04-Sep-08, 21:16
groaning whenever one bends down...even if it doesn't hurt you do it in expectation of the event I think.

Losing yer glasses almost as often as yer car keys.

Responding to questions like this on internet forums.

wifie
04-Sep-08, 21:16
Aha - now he was a snappy dresser in the era portrayed! Nothin wrong wi bein retro MM! ;)

Melancholy Man
04-Sep-08, 21:19
He was always ready to go with the young things, having been born in the 1880s.

Melancholy Man
04-Sep-08, 21:23
I think a sure sign of getting on a bit is when your grandchildren talk to you in that intfantile language that you used to talk to them with when they were small.:lol:[disgust]

Pretty much like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MqQcOEVxmE), then.

lynne duncan
04-Sep-08, 21:36
watched the clip yikes i know that feeling well, you listen go eh!!!! and then have to ask them to say it again and this time listen really hard.

joxville
04-Sep-08, 21:41
Signs your getting old:

When your knees buckle and your belt won't.

You've started saying, "Young people these days...."

northener
04-Sep-08, 21:41
I can remember when all this cyberpace was just fields..........

Kevin Milkins
04-Sep-08, 21:42
Pretty much like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MqQcOEVxmE), then.

Yep ,that is pretty much it.
Or you are talking in a room full of people and they are politly listening but looking around at each other:confused

hell raizer
04-Sep-08, 21:43
signs of getting old is when you try and put your leg in your trousers and you keep losing your balance :eek:

badger
04-Sep-08, 21:57
Thought I had a good production line going turning out Victoria sandwich cakes the other day (remember those?) - cakes on wire, tin into sink until oops, just stopped cake going into sink and tin onto wire. End of baking session.

Spent ages today looking for specs. At least if you lose the cordless phone you can bleep it. Is there an invention for finding specs?

sam
04-Sep-08, 22:07
[quote=badger;427421] Is there an invention for finding specs?

lol you could try putting one of those cord things on your specs to hang them round your neck at least then you wont lose them.

Welcomefamily
05-Sep-08, 07:12
signs of getting old is when you try and put your leg in your trousers and you keep losing your balance :eek:

I got that tee shirt, cant even bite my toe nails any more [lol]

Venture
05-Sep-08, 09:04
Looking in the mirror and seeing a glimpse of your mother/father looking back at you.:eek: Knowing more people in the death column in the local paper than in the births and marriages. Loosing a jar of coffee you're sure you bought at the supermarket and then finding it two days later in the freezer.[lol]

hell raizer
05-Sep-08, 09:58
Looking in the mirror and seeing a glimpse of your mother/father looking back at you.:eek: Knowing more people in the death column in the local paper than in the births and marriages. Loosing a jar of coffee you're sure you bought at the supermarket and then finding it two days later in the freezer.[lol]
how very true venture, it wasn't the coffee i put in the freezer it was the eggs :lol:

silverfox57
05-Sep-08, 10:47
also going in to a room ,and saying to your self want did i come in hear for again,and telling grandchildren how spoiled they are as we had to do as we where told as children or else

teenybash
05-Sep-08, 10:51
Realizing there is no point in worrying over anything as we all survive whatever life throws or has thrown at us.............:)

Sandra_B
05-Sep-08, 11:17
Needing to nap.

Sensible shoes.

Welcomefamily
05-Sep-08, 11:30
Thinking Policemen look very young.

jings00
05-Sep-08, 11:39
bits hangin where they didny used til hang, gettin hair where hair didny used til be and sore farts.

loobyloo
05-Sep-08, 13:56
Spluttering...!!! Instead of giving fantastic responses to idiots, I now splutter and end up shaking my head and making a sharp exit.
Forgetting words. That's the thing I really hate. I haven't resorted to inserting 'thingmy' yet but it can't be far away :)

Anne x
05-Sep-08, 15:31
Lying on the bed to zip up jeans then cannot get off the bed !!:(

Tilter
05-Sep-08, 15:37
[quote=badger;427421] Is there an invention for finding specs?

lol you could try putting one of those cord things on your specs to hang them round your neck at least then you wont lose them.

But wearing one of those cord things for your specs is an obvious, visible sign that you really are getting positively ancient.

northener
05-Sep-08, 17:52
Deciding that you really would like some brown polyester slacks and a beige windcheater for Xmas.

Kevin Milkins
05-Sep-08, 18:08
bits hangin where they didny used til hang, gettin hair where hair didny used til be and sore farts.

I have this problem :confused
If I drop one ,the wife throws a shoe at me

Stargazer
05-Sep-08, 18:17
Seen and heard it all before.:lol:

Valerie Campbell
05-Sep-08, 20:04
It's the Mallen streak that gets me...

badger
05-Sep-08, 20:20
[quote=sam;427429]

But wearing one of those cord things for your specs is an obvious, visible sign that you really are getting positively ancient.

In that case I must be getting younger as I used to wear them all the time in the days when I had contact lenses but needed specs for reading. Since I had the cataracts done (is that a sign of age?) I decided to give up on contacts so now have one pair of specs for looking and one for reading but - I can mostly read if I just take specs off. That's when the trouble starts. Take them off to read something, wander away and can see well enough not to miss them, then realise they're not there and panic.

Forgetting words - had a friend once who used douvry (sp.?) for these occasions. Very useful and more interesting than thingy.

Go upstairs - what for? Go down again and remember. Go back up - why? What am I doing here? Keeps you fit though.

hotrod4
05-Sep-08, 20:22
I have this problem :confused
If I drop one ,the wife throws a shoe at me

Well she cant be that old if she's fit enough to throw a shoe at you!!!

I'll know when I'm getting old when the kids stop thinking I'm cool(at the moment I am still one of the guys but I can see me being dropped like a stone!!!)

honey
06-Sep-08, 15:50
when you listent to the radio and complain about the "noise they call music nowadays"

northener
06-Sep-08, 16:01
Another example of the onset of generally being an Old Git is when you spend 15 minutes looking at this thread, cursing the fact that someone has removed one of your posts, ranting to yourself about freedom of speech and the 'bloody PC brigade' and generally threatening to burn the .Org down.......

Only to realise (eventually) that this isn't the 'Phantom Farter' thread - and that's why you can't see your post here :roll:

......is it time for my nap yet, nursie?

scaraben
06-Sep-08, 16:03
When you drop something on the floor and have a good look round to see if there is anything else there before you straighten your back !

Torvaig
06-Sep-08, 18:04
When you read a thread titled "Blackberry" and realise no, they're not selling blackberries! ;)

Melancholy Man
06-Sep-08, 18:09
Thinking Policemen look very young.

Saw that yesterday with one of the constables at Thurso Station. I'm not old enough, damn it!

<Rails insanely against the wind>

Welcomefamily
06-Sep-08, 18:22
You realise that you like the smell of bath salts.

sassylass
07-Sep-08, 02:50
Common scenario: I arrive at the store and cannot find my carefully written shopping list so I proceed to buy the usual necessities. I arrive home to find my list on the kitchen table and the pantry already full of the usual necessities.

I've got an extra 6 pounds of butter, 8 jars of jam, and 3 jars of mustard, does anyone need some? lol

Torvaig
07-Sep-08, 06:07
Common scenario: I arrive at the store and cannot find my carefully written shopping list so I proceed to buy the usual necessities. I arrive home to find my list on the kitchen table and the pantry already full of the usual necessities.

I've got an extra 6 pounds of butter, 8 jars of jam, and 3 jars of mustard, does anyone need some? lol

How about throwing a butter, jam and mustard party? Everyone bring their own bread because you probably forgot that! ;)

Venture
07-Sep-08, 09:30
How about throwing a butter, jam and mustard party? Everyone bring their own bread because you probably forgot that! ;)

Can I come, I have 6 loaves.[lol]

Angela
07-Sep-08, 10:06
Just searching for my spare glasses this morning.....somehow I'd lost my usual ones.

Looked everywhere, but eventually found the spare ones. Put them on my nose and thought 'That feels odd....' :confused

Could that be because I'd had my usual glasses on all the time and had just put my spare ones on top of them???

Yes it could!!:o

Welcomefamily
07-Sep-08, 10:15
When you can associate with every thing said on the thread and empathise with it. :lol:

Kevin Milkins
07-Sep-08, 11:20

I know this feeling well,lol
going back to a previous thread on bartering, I have many packs of tea bags, enough baked beans to start my own farting factory and 4 jars of coffee, ( and I dont even drink coffee:confused) and 3 jars of marmite, open to offers:lol:

Angela
07-Sep-08, 11:27
When you hear yourself sounding just like your mother.

When you think 'I sound/look like someone's granny' and then remember 'ooops, I am someone's granny!' ;)

When you unexpectedly catch sight of yourself in a mirror and wonder for just a moment who that old wifie can be.....:eek:

hotrod4
07-Sep-08, 11:49
When you hear music on the radio and say"Thats just a load of noise" and then remember how you thought the Sex Pistols were "cool" when you were younger!! ;)

Welcomefamily
07-Sep-08, 12:00
The sex pistols, what a load of noise. At least you could hear the New Seekers. :lol:

hotrod4
07-Sep-08, 12:24
The sex pistols, what a load of noise. At least you could hear the New Seekers. :lol:

Who? werent they a thrash metal combo who sacrificed live animals;)

northener
07-Sep-08, 20:35
I know this feeling well,lol
going back to a previous thread on bartering, I have many packs of tea bags, enough baked beans to start my own farting factory and 4 jars of coffee, ( and I dont even drink coffee:confused) and 3 jars of marmite, open to offers:lol:

Kevin, you have successfully manage to merge 3 threads into 1 with your post (Farting, Bartering and Being An Old Git).

I salute you!

Sapphire2803
07-Sep-08, 21:00
When a 23 year old tells you you're gorgeous and then says "I have a thing for older women"......

........Grrrrrrr!

Welcomefamily
07-Sep-08, 22:51
Who? werent they a thrash metal combo who sacrificed live animals;)

Not quite, about the same time as Elvis, Crying in the chapel twice no 1, Righteous Brothers, you've lost that loving feeling, and Beatles, ticket to ride and help. Rolling Stones Get off of my cloud. 1965.

trix
07-Sep-08, 23:17
when ye see a nice lookin cheil an ye realise that yer probly aboot 10 years aulder than him :mad:

JimH
08-Sep-08, 16:12
You know your getting old when it takes all night to do what you used to do all night, if you get my drift!!

joxville
08-Sep-08, 16:15
The three ages of man:

Tri weekly-try weekly-try weakly. :(

riggerboy
08-Sep-08, 16:51
you know your old when you find the 3rd ring in marriage
1 engagement ring
2 wedding ring
3 and suffering

hope the other half dont see this or i will be suffering lol

sassylass
12-Sep-08, 01:43
Telling a story and seeing that glazed look in the listener's eye and realizing you must have told it before (hopefully just once) *sigh*

Metalattakk
12-Sep-08, 01:52
Was walking down the street and there was two wee lads up ahead, chucking stones at something.

As I approached, I heard one of them urgently say to the other - "Watch oot, there's a mannie coming..."

I actually looked round for this 'mannie'. [lol]

sassylass
12-Sep-08, 01:53
Was walking down the street and there was two wee lads up ahead, chucking stones at something.

As I approached, I heard one of them urgently say to the other - "Watch oot, there's a mannie coming..."

I actually looked round for this 'mannie'. [lol]

That's very funny [lol]