PDA

View Full Version : council charges

suth13
03-Sep-08, 18:38
my daughter just had a window replaced in her back door ,
she was quoted a price of £90, when the bill came in it was for £312,
can anyone tell me how thay can justify charging £312 when i priced the glass at £64. and it took them 20 minutes to fit.

Valerie Campbell
03-Sep-08, 18:47
Query it. No harm in asking them how they came to that figure on the bill.

Bad Manners
03-Sep-08, 19:04
would the cost of the repair not be refundable through a insurance claim

fender
03-Sep-08, 19:11
I'm a tad confused by this posting. If the house in question is a council house why are the council billing the tenant. If it's a private house why are council workmen doing the job?

Can you explain a bit further?

EDDIE
03-Sep-08, 20:48
my daughter just had a window replaced in her back door ,
can anyone tell me how thay can justify charging £312 when i priced the glass at £64. and it took them 20 minutes to fit.

well as guess If the glass is £64 when they add there handling charge on it say times 2 thats £124 for class you might have a travel time for the worker to come to u say £70 and a environmental waste charge for getting rid of rubbish say £15 so say thats £209 then £103 for labour he might have been 20mins but has put down 2 hours on his timesheets.
I would ask for a breakdown and a copy of his timesheets

Welcomefamily
03-Sep-08, 21:40
It does seem high.

Kevin Milkins
03-Sep-08, 22:10

Was the quote a writen one ? if it was then that is what I would have been looking to pay.

Buttercup
03-Sep-08, 22:51
I'm a tad confused by this posting. If the house in question is a council house why are the council billing the tenant. If it's a private house why are council workmen doing the job?

Can you explain a bit further?

I'm just as confused fender! Can't understand the council charging when it's their responsibility to have the property wind and water tight. :confused

Geo
03-Sep-08, 22:52
If it was a quote I don't think they can charge more. If it was an estimate then that's different. Either way you should query it as it sounds rediculous.