PDA

View Full Version : Me and My two left feet

young_fishin_neep
03-Sep-08, 16:32
Well some of you already know but i feel down the stairs yesterday and i was at hospital i endud up with a backslab n crutches over night and had to return to the hospital today.

well the result is there is no fracture and that i have a tubeygrip thingy but as i cant put any weight on it i still have to use the crutches.

they were telling me that i may have damaged the tissue or ligaments so if i still cant put any weight on it within a couple of days i am to go back

lets hope that i will be able to start putting weight on it soon.

on the plus side it was quite funny cuz i hit my head of a wall when i feel down the stairs, maybe it will have knocked sum sence into me too watch what im doing when going down the stairs![lol]

kazzii xxxx

Torvaig
03-Sep-08, 16:54
I'm sorry you had the accident but I do love your attitude in dealing with it, good for you! Maybe you should change your user name to "Hopalongcassidy" now.......:) Take care.

young_fishin_neep
03-Sep-08, 17:01
haha ive been called that many a times before.

i have hurt my ankles that many times i dont realy think any bad of it now, i try n make jokes out of it... me n mum were saying to the nurse yesterday that i should ocme with a government health warning lol

kazzii xxxx

armanisgirl
03-Sep-08, 17:42
Awwww I hope you recover quickly! And i hope it's not ligament damage! I tore the ligaments in my foot about 11 years ago, I tripped over the hoover hose! I was convinced I had broken the foot, but x-rays proved otherwise. But I was strapped up and on crutches for a few weeks. Now, almost 11 years later, I still get aches in that foot, and it's weaker than beofre the accident, so walking about for an hour shopping (as we women do!) leaves the foot quite painful and weak. I did see a physiotherapist a few years ago, and was told that tearing ligaments is actually worse than breaking a bone, and that I should have broken my foot instead!! So that's why I hope it's just a nasty sprain, and not ligament damage. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery!! xx

young_fishin_neep
03-Sep-08, 17:46
Heya....

i hope its not ligament damage too... i have had weak ankles for quite a while now, im a bit prone to spraining and fracturing them.

i dont have much suport on my ankle just now with only haveing a tubey grip.

im like you i was sure i had broken it, it felt like it did last time i had doen it if not worse so when they said it wasnt broken i was shocked, but when they told me it may be ligament damge i was shocked cuz i dont realy want it to be that cuz i new its worse than a break.

hopefully i will be okay in a couple of days :)

kazzii xxx

balto
03-Sep-08, 17:59
oh i hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than not being able to get around as normal, just be careful in furture.:roll::roll::roll:

Tugmistress
03-Sep-08, 19:37
oh i hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than not being able to get around as normal, just be careful in furture.:roll::roll::roll:

hahahaha neep and careful do NOT go together in one sentence lol.
It'll feel better soon neep, and did we really 'scare' that nurse? lol

golach
03-Sep-08, 19:40
Glad your so cheerful about it Neep, but keep quiet about hitting the wall with your head, the Landlord might find out who damaged his wall [lol]

thebigman
03-Sep-08, 20:25
Hopefully you were sober :-)

Get well soon, need to get you back at the fishing.

D

Melancholy Man
03-Sep-08, 20:37
'Twasn't you I saw in the purply/pinky neo-stookie today?

young_fishin_neep
03-Sep-08, 22:43
balto.. gota agree with mum me and carefull dont go together lol

mum- that nurse thort world war 3 was about to break out between us! lol

Bigman... ofcourse i was sober.. i always am! i cant remeber the last time i was fishing :O how shocking is that!!!

melancholy man.. nope that wasnt me

kazzii xxxx

brokencross
04-Sep-08, 07:32
I think when you fall down stairs it is a case of luck if you get hurt or not.

My wife fell down the stairs (backwards while she was going up) from top to bottom. It must have been dramatic because the black shoe scuff marks were all over the wall, some of them quite high; and the noise was horrendous. All that was hurt was her pride.

Hope you are fully mobile again very soon and take care.

Mik.M.
04-Sep-08, 20:27
Hi Neep,sorry to hear of your little mishap,mum told me,and yes I did laugh a lot. Wicked ain`t I. Mik XX

young_fishin_neep
08-Sep-08, 00:08
well the good news is after being on the fone to the doctor i got stronger pain killers and now nolonger need the crutches :D thankfully

and yes mik u are evil! xx