PDA

View Full Version : limited company

wings
02-Sep-08, 23:34
does any one know how to set up a limited company?any help would be good.thanks

Angel
02-Sep-08, 23:42
If you get the exchange and mart (if it still exists) there were always pages for companies that set up LTD companies...
Or try any accountant
Or try companies house..

Hope this Helps

Angel

teenybash
02-Sep-08, 23:48
I think your local job centre will have all the info you need......

Bill Fernie
02-Sep-08, 23:56
Try this link here for all the basics -
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1073865436

There is lot to think about when setting up a limited company and professional advice might be the best option if you are unsure of the responsibilities and potential liabilities.

Companies need to produce audited accounts and must lodge them with Companies House each year. Anyone can request a copy.

A word with an accountant should determine whether it is in your interests or not to set up a limited company. You can check out charges at the same time. Remember they may not all charge the same so as always it is worth checking around before committing to one firm.

Bad Manners
03-Sep-08, 08:42
Try this link here for all the basics -
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1073865436

There is lot to think about when setting up a limited company and professional advice might be the best option if you are unsure of the responsibilities and potential liabilities.

Companies need to produce audited accounts and must lodge them with Companies House each year. Anyone can request a copy.

A word with an accountant should determine whether it is in your interests or not to set up a limited company. You can check out charges at the same time. Remember they may not all charge the same so as always it is worth checking around before committing to one firm.

I am with Bill on this one I have set up and run several businesses and the very best advice whether a limited company,partnership or sole trader is to get a good accountant their advice is invaluable they will advise you on All your financial operations.
If this is a first venture speak to people who have been in the same situation and see how it applies to what you want to do.

Best of luck

Donnie
03-Sep-08, 08:55
I did have my own LTD Company but didnt trust myself with sorting out the Tax etc so I went the Umbrella Company route.

ashaw1
03-Sep-08, 10:07
I did have my own LTD Company but didnt trust myself with sorting out the Tax etc so I went the Umbrella Company route.
I also currently have a limited company, it certainly offers you more security but it also can make the simplest of tasks very difficult. I entrust a lot to my accountant as i found it impossible to manage myself.

wings
03-Sep-08, 15:40
thanks for the help.

wings
05-Sep-08, 21:46
any more help

Bad Manners
05-Sep-08, 21:50
Is there anything specific that you need to know?
If so You can PM me and I will try to help