PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome.

2little2late
02-Sep-08, 22:46
Have just downloaded Google Chrome beta web browser. Don't know how it performs yet but will try it for a while and see how it goes.

brokencross
03-Sep-08, 07:37
Are you able to easily transfer all the favourites from I.E.?

gollach
03-Sep-08, 08:11
Google are as bad as the BBC when iPlayer arrived. They've launched this product when they only have a windows version developed. What about mac users? [disgust]

Blast!
03-Sep-08, 08:28
Google are as bad as the BBC when iPlayer arrived. They've launched this product when they only have a windows version developed. What about mac users? [disgust]

Developing for the Windows market first allows them access to a significantly bigger user base which in turn provided more users willing to test to Beta release and report faults with it.

When it is released for the Mac platform you can be assured that most of the bugs have been ironed out and you get a stable application.

There's no point in developing a product for a smaller market before developing for a large one.

MadPict
03-Sep-08, 11:25
Having just tried to help a friend sort out problems with his XP based laptop over the phone I am more than happy for Windows users to do the testing on this product before it is released to Mac users. :)

There are plenty of good browsers for Macs out there - I prefer to use Camino over Firefox or even Safari...

Only time I use IE is for configuring my router...

webmannie
04-Sep-08, 07:13
Astute Reg readers have pointed out a Chrome condition of service that effectively lets Google use any of your copyrighted material posted to the web via Chrome without paying you a cent.

see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/

It grants Google 'a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through' Chrome.

I installed it yesterday to review, it is now uninstalled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadPict
04-Sep-08, 10:23
The Rg has posted an update - Google have amended their EULA.....

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services.

Metalattakk
04-Sep-08, 10:31
Aye, but Google still tried it on, and got caught. ;)

I uninstalled last night after yet another GoogleUpdater.exe request was blocked by my firewall. It's almost worse than spyware. [disgust]

Angela
04-Sep-08, 14:46
There are plenty of good browsers for Macs out there - I prefer to use Camino over Firefox or even Safari...

MadPict, I've just recently joined the ranks of merry Mac users. :D

I always preferred Firefox to IE but with the Mac I've settled quickly into using Safari and find it very user friendly.

What would be the advantages to using Camino rather than Safari?

I'm always willing to try something new.....!;)

MadPict
04-Sep-08, 16:38
I found earlier versions of Safari a bit prone to locking up. Camino has just been a more stable browser for me, and even though I have the latest version of Safari I just keep using Camino.
Of course if you are happy with Safari stick with it, but as Camino is free you can always try it for yourself.

Oh and welcome to the enlightened side ;)