PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Cats Protection

Liz
02-Sep-08, 19:29
Please do not move this post as I want as many people to see it as possible and have already placed a message in Pets Corner.

I am sad to say that the future of this branch is in jeopardy due to lack of volunteers.
The work is only being carried out by a couple of people and this takes it toll when combined with work as well.

Following the last appeal a few people did volunteer but, unfortunately, they were only able to help with fundraising.

Please, please, please if you don't want this branch to close, and can spare a few hours per month, then get in contact with them to see how you can help.

It would be so sad if this branch had to close as the cats of Caithness would suffer as a result.

Solus
02-Sep-08, 19:34
I mentioned to James that I would be interested, so will contact him this week and see if I can help some way.

cuddlepop
02-Sep-08, 19:34
All i can offer you liz is my upmost support,your just too far away.:~(

freckles
02-Sep-08, 19:37
What kind of help/support do you need from volunteers?

Liz
02-Sep-08, 19:38
I mentioned to James that I would be interested, so will contact him this week and see if I can help some way.

That would be brilliant thanks! It would be a disaster if this branch closed.

All i can offer you liz is my upmost support,your just too far away.:~(
Bless you for that! xx

Mr P Cannop
02-Sep-08, 19:41
is there anything i can help you with ??

Liz
02-Sep-08, 19:42
What kind of help/support do you need from volunteers?

Everything from home checking; transport; helpline;rehoming and PR.

If anyone can help could you please email webmaster@caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk

The more people who could help the better as the workload could be shared more equally.

Thanks!

Iffy
02-Sep-08, 20:20
Hey I have my own "bairn" who has been with us now for nearly 15 years since she was a kitten. I love her to bits and would love to be able to help your charity. I can't have another cat in my house as "the bairn" would go crazy but if there is anything I could do to help otherwise please just say?

teenybash
02-Sep-08, 20:46
Hopes and prayers something can be done to save the branch here in Caithness.........I could take phonecalls, here at home and pass on information....but, I do not drive so am stuck a bit.:roll:

Hopes high Liz......

Nibbler
02-Sep-08, 20:47
Hi Liz

Have emailed as per above post as I would like to help out in any way I can.

Liz
02-Sep-08, 21:16
Hey I have my own "bairn" who has been with us now for nearly 15 years since she was a kitten. I love her to bits and would love to be able to help your charity. I can't have another cat in my house as "the bairn" would go crazy but if there is anything I could do to help otherwise please just say?

Hopes and prayers something can be done to save the branch here in Caithness.........I could take phonecalls, here at home and pass on information....but, I do not drive so am stuck a bit.:roll:

Hopes high Liz......

Hi Liz

Have emailed as per above post as I would like to help out in any way I can.

is there anything i can help you with ??

Cheers everyone!

Iffy and Teenybash if you could email the address I gave that would be great ta.

It may take a while until someone gets back to you as they are having to deal with the day to day running of the branch as well.

Angela I will pm you soon. xx

teenybash
02-Sep-08, 22:09
Have emailed the link.........wish I could do more :~(

Liz
02-Sep-08, 22:29
Have emailed the link.........wish I could do more :~(

Thanks ever so much.:D Don't be silly! What you have offered to do would be a great help!

As I said if lots of people could help then the 'load' could be shared more evenly.
The problem has always been far too few people doing far too much.:confused

sweetpea
02-Sep-08, 22:32
Hi Liz

I admire your conviction but I won't be a hippocrite. Even tho my starsign is Leo I'm not much of a cat lover but that doesn't mean to say I don't love other animals. If I could help you I would but wish you best of luck with it!

sweetpea

Liz
02-Sep-08, 22:47
Cheers Sweetpea.

I completely understand that no everyone likes cats but as long as they do them no harm I don't mind.

I know there are many who prefer certain animals to others. I have always loved all animals.:D

sweetpea
02-Sep-08, 22:50
Cheers Sweetpea.

' do no harm' Is the key for me! xxxxxx

I know there are many who prefer certain animals to others. I have always loved all animals.:D

Good luck Liz xxx

sweetpea
02-Sep-08, 22:52
Cheers Sweetpea.

I completely understand that no everyone likes cats but as long as they do them no harm I don't mind.

Even tho I'm no a cat lover I always show them respect.

purplelady
02-Sep-08, 22:54
Please do not move this post as I want as many people to see it as possible and have already placed a message in Pets Corner.

I am sad to say that the future of this branch is in jeopardy due to lack of volunteers.
The work is only being carried out by a couple of people and this takes it toll when combined with work as well.

Following the last appeal a few people did volunteer but, unfortunately, they were only able to help with fundraising.

Please, please, please if you don't want this branch to close, and can spare a few hours per month, then get in contact with them to see how you can help.

It would be so sad if this branch had to close as the cats of Caithness would suffer as a result.
where baouts are you based would love help but do not drive but if i can help in anyway let me knw

Julia
02-Sep-08, 22:54
I've sent an email too, I'm limited due to family commitments but will do what I can to help out. :D

Fran
03-Sep-08, 03:14
I too would like to help if i can, but i think i would end up taking all the homeless cats to my house!!

By the way Liz, did you hear how the 2 siamese female cats are, did they settle well in their new home.? says me green with envy!!!!

Liz
03-Sep-08, 12:44
where baouts are you based would love help but do not drive but if i can help in anyway let me knw
CP don't have a base as all volunteers work from their own homes.
Purplelady if you email the address I gave they could give you more info.:D

I've sent an email too, I'm limited due to family commitments but will do what I can to help out. :D
Thanks Julia!!!

I too would like to help if i can, but i think i would end up taking all the homeless cats to my house!!

By the way Liz, did you hear how the 2 siamese female cats are, did they settle well in their new home.? says me green with envy!!!!

That's why I was never a fosterer Fran!lol The two that I did foster to help out stayed with me!

Yes the 2 siamese went to a lovely home. Hopefully you will get one some day.

AfternoonDelight
03-Sep-08, 13:26
I have e-mailed them!! :D

Gizmo
03-Sep-08, 14:07
We wanted to help, but after speaking to someone about what kind of help was needed it turns out that with a house already full of 4 cats and no transport it was just not practical :(

I do hope you manage to find volunteers, it will be terrible if the Caithness branch has to close.

Liz
03-Sep-08, 14:13
I have e-mailed them!! :D

Cheers!:D

We wanted to help, but after speaking to someone about what kind of help was needed it turns out that with a house already full of 4 cats and no transport it was just not practical :(

I do hope you manage to find volunteers, it will be terrible if the Caithness branch has to close.

It was kind of you to offer anyway and thanks for your best wishes.