PDA

View Full Version : American Football for a change

scorrie
02-Sep-08, 14:11
The NFL season is about to start this week. I know that not many on the Org are interested in the game itself, however the commentating is hilarious. Here are some from last season:-

"Well Tony, you ask any Quarterback in the league about throwing the football, and he'll tell you that you throw the football with your legs"

Oh, that must be where I was going wrong then!!

"Listen Joe, this guy is my kind of wide receiver, because he catches the football with his hands"

Same guy the following week said:-

"Listen Joe, this guy is my kind of wide receiver, because he catches the football with his eyes"

Any other body parts you can catch a football with?

"Jaws, people think you need legs to run a football, let me tell you this, in this league you have to run the football with your head"

"Greg, I have to say, this guy's so much better at running the football when he can keep his legs under his torso"

I agree, not much cope if your legs are sitting back in the locker room.

"Right coach, what's the plan for tonight's game? We'll John, I've studied the film and all the stats and come to the conclusion that the only way we can win this game is by outscoring the other team"

Hey, multi million dollar coaching contracts, please cut me in, I'm qualified!!

"Hey Joe, did you realise that twin brothers Ronde and Tiki Barber have just been voted America's most glamorous sporting twin brothers? No, I didn't know that Tony. Wow, that's amazing. Hey, that Tiki Barber should win that is amazing enough but for his brother Ronde to win it AS WELL is absolutely astounding!!"

Remind me, how many people are there in Twins?

"Right Joe, Offence or Defense? The debate always crops up about which is more important. If I put you on the spot now, gun at your head, and you had to pick only one to save your life, which would it be? Errr? BOTH!!"

Joe Thiessman, you played too many games without a safety helmet!!

Finally, an unintended one from the great John Madden:-

"Well Al, a good offensive line will always try to create two holes in the defensive line, in order to give the running back two options. If you look at the replay here, we'll call this hole A and this hole B. Now watch Ladanian Tomlinson come flying through here bumping it right up their A-hole!!"

Quality stuff.

bky
02-Sep-08, 14:32
Wasnt Joe Namath asked which he prefered grass or astroturf
he replied " i dont know - i've never smoked astroturf"

scorrie
02-Sep-08, 23:40
Wasnt Joe Namath asked which he prefered grass or astroturf
he replied " i dont know - i've never smoked astroturf"

Off the top of my head, I think that might have been Redskins running back John Riggins, after the Superbowl win of 1983.

scorrie
04-Sep-08, 23:08
For those who like a sporting bet, you could do worse than have a wee each-way bet on Green Bay at 33/1 for this season. Brett Favre is gone, but, after 16 years in the league, I don't think he improved last year. Better players in other positions helped to ensure he had a great season. With a young roster and talent on the offense, I feel they have a good chance in the weaker conference. If they reach the Superbowl, you get half the odds and can relax, knowing you are ahead either way, even if the Patriots recoup last years imperious form.

Mon, the Cheeseheads!!