PDA

View Full Version : Fred Morrison, Piper in MacKays Hotel

weeboyagee
02-Sep-08, 10:21
Just incase some of you haven't realised, this is to let you know that Fred Morrison will be appearing in the county this Friday, 5th September in the MacKay's Hotel.

Can I encourage as many people as possible to attend the up and coming event on Friday night this week? There has been a lot of press and advertising for the event and I hope that we can show how much we support such excellent talent as Fred Morrison.

Leading the line up for this year's Blas Festival, Fred is a phenomenal piper and whistle player. Fred Morrison has carved himself an international reputation with a powerfully exuberant, highly improvisational style which combines the Gaelic piping tradition of the Uists with contemporary and eclectic influences. The evening is being promoted by the local branch of An Comunn Gàidhealach in the run up to the 2010 Royal National Mod.

MacKay's Hotel, 7.30pm, Friday 5th September. Tickets £10 available at the door or at http://www.blas-festival.com/caithness.html - kids are half price.

Hope you guys can make it along! Please spread the word!

WBG :cool:

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Sep-08, 10:52
Why not produce a list of everyone else who is playing Caithness during the Blas festival, weeboyagee?

gollach
02-Sep-08, 19:09
Why not produce a list of everyone else who is playing Caithness during the Blas festival, weeboyagee?

It would be a short list! Have you seen the programme? Not much up here at all.

James Ross is playing in Wick, possibly next week?

weeboyagee
03-Sep-08, 16:24
Hello Pepsi - the website has all the information that is needed - that's why I hadn't posted the whole lot. There are different promoters for different events. An Comunn Gaidhealach and The National Mod are the hosts of Fred Morrison, others are hosting the following:

Uarachdadh - in the Mill Theatre
James Ross - in the Wick Assembly Rooms
Fred Morrison - in the MacKays Hotel
Phil Cunnigham/Aly Bain and Maeve MacKinnon - in Strathy Hall

Dates, ticket prices, timings etc are all on the website below:

www.blas-festival.com

For a small place such as Caithness it's not a bad amount of events - but the folks really need to support the events to justify getting them. That's why I am really keen that as many people turn up to them as possible.

Thanks for the support.

WBG :cool: