PDA

View Full Version : Fred Morrison, Piper in MacKays Hotel

weeboyagee
02-Sep-08, 10:19
I know this should be in the Music Section but I am putting it here for a couple of days since it's not long away.

Can I encourage as many people as possible to attend the up and coming event in the MacKay's Hotel on Friday night this week? There has been a lot of press and advertising for the event and I hope that we can show how much we support such excellent talent as Fred Morrison.

Leading the line up for this year's Blas Festival, Fred is a phenomenal piper and whistle player. Fred Morrison has carved himself an international reputation with a powerfully exuberant, highly improvisational style which combines the Gaelic piping tradition of the Uists with contemporary and eclectic influences. The evening is being promoted by the local branch of An Comunn Gàidhealach in the run up to the 2010 Royal National Mod.

MacKay's Hotel, 7.30pm, Friday 5th September. Tickets £10 available at the door or at http://www.blas-festival.com/caithness.html - kids are half price.

Hope you guys can make it along! Please spread the word!

WBG :cool:

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Sep-08, 10:28
Seeing Fred at the Best of Blas in Inverness.

Whitewater
02-Sep-08, 11:58
Sounds good, would love to go but have a prior commitment, however, it is weather dependant so I may be taking refuge in Mackays' hotel.

weeboyagee
03-Sep-08, 13:23
Caught your comment on footstompin pepsi! Fred is there on Sat if I mind right? That's why we're fortunate to get him in Wick - spread the word and let's see how many we can get to turn out!

It should be a fine night!

WBG :cool: