PDA

View Full Version : Italian restaurant anywhere?

garycs
31-Dec-05, 17:03
Can anyone tell me if there is an Italian restaurant anywhere in Caithness?

daviddd
31-Dec-05, 17:06
No, 'fraid not! More's the pity. There's a good French one in Wick though. Wetherspoons in Wick do a few Italian dishes.

Alice in Blunderland
31-Dec-05, 17:13
Ulbster Arms Hotel in Halkirk is also worth a visit very good food.

Rheghead
31-Dec-05, 17:16
I think an Italian restaurant would do very well up here. I am certainly more familiar with Italian than I am with French food and I suspect that goes for most folk. There is a business opportunity here for someone :)

Alice in Blunderland
31-Dec-05, 17:32
I would also love to see an Italian restaurant in the area.Whenever I am in Edinburgh I always look out for an Italian restaurant as we have chinese, french, indian, but alas no Italian.

garycs
31-Dec-05, 17:35
Thanks for the fast replies!

I've always liked Italian food and really enjoy cooking it myself, just so uncomplicated, but sometimes you just feel the need for an Amatriciana al Linguini without having to get the pans out :-)

Rheghead, my wife has just said exactly the same thing, but can't say being a restauranteur has ever appealed to me!

Lavenderblue2
31-Dec-05, 17:47
What about the Pentland Hotel Thurso - after all the owner Mr Mancini is Italian - the last time I ate there there were quite a few Italian dishes on the menu.

LB

Tymey
31-Dec-05, 18:22
This thread reminded me of a classic line from Fawlty Towers:

"Do you know anywhere they do French food?"

"France, I believe." came Basil's reply.

:0)

Bobinovich
31-Dec-05, 20:45
Lasagne is one of my all-time fave dishes and I have found the Pentland do a really nice one if you want a sit-in meal.

If you're looking for a carry-out, the chippy in Castletown (yes you are reading right) do a very generous carry out Lasagne, along with numerous other Italian dishes. I recently spoke to the owner who said he wanted to open an Italian restaurant when he first moved up here, but didn't think there would be enough interest, so settled on a chippy with Italian offerings instead. I think he would have been quite sucessful.

spiggie
02-Jan-06, 18:02
there is a really good italian resturant in Inverness, the food is beautiful, I cant remember what it is called though. I agree i think an italian restaurant would do well up here, instead of all the many chineses we have.

Gogglebox
04-Jan-06, 18:02
What about the Pentland Hotel Thurso - after all the owner Mr Mancini is Italian - the last time I ate there there were quite a few Italian dishes on the menu.

LB

No offence to poster but this appealed to me
My names McDonald do you want to pop round and i'll make you a Quarterpounder and fries to go

Lavenderblue2
04-Jan-06, 18:38
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
you are sooo funny!

I suppose that is reponse you were after.:confused:

connieb19
04-Jan-06, 18:45

LBDoes Mr Mancini do the cooking?:)

willowbankbear
05-Jan-06, 21:40
Well if thats the case, Brian Cardosi has an Itallian surname, Does he cook like 1????
Can any1 mind when Cabrellis had the cafe in the high street before it was semi chem? they used 2 do ace Pizzas

spiggie
05-Jan-06, 21:42
I dont remember it when it was there, although remember it when it was beside the camps bar and the pizzas were ace, as were their hot chocolate becoz you got two marshmallows in it yum yum :)

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 21:44
Well if thats the case, Brian Cardosi has an Itallian surname, Does he cook like 1????
Can any1 mind when Cabrellis had the cafe in the high street before it was semi chem? they used 2 do ace PizzasWhat was the restaurant upstairs called again?

Chillie
06-Jan-06, 03:57
What was the restaurant upstairs called again?

It was called the Rendevous he also had one in Inverness down by the river a long time before Inverness was as big and populated like it is today.:rolleyes: