PDA

View Full Version : Moving into the area

rich62_uk
31-Dec-05, 16:28
Hi all, as a new comer to the Caithness site i hope i will not offend anyone with this thread. For the past few weeks we have been looking for houses to rent in the Caithness area and despite going through the adds on this site, (probably the best site i have ever seen by the way) plus contacting the local letting/estate agents, we seem to be having very little luck, most seem to be already let. We need a 3 bedroom property and would like a rural location however i think we would consider most locations now. I have also just started a subscription to the local newspapers (thankyou Golach), just wondered if anyone else has any helpful advice.....Thankyou Richard email address madandum@hotmail.com :).

Alicat
31-Dec-05, 17:43
Have you tried any of the local Property Agents in the county. I have heard "Polards" are very helpful.

Good Luck

rich62_uk
31-Dec-05, 17:54
Thanks for the reply I have tried Pollards with a few other agents in fact i have booked a flight up late January to try and seek out a few more leads, thanks again for the reply.....

Alice in Blunderland
31-Dec-05, 18:15
Do you want to buy eventualy I know one or two properties due for sale in a few months rural three bedrooms.

rich62_uk
31-Dec-05, 19:04
Hey thank you Alice, you wouldnt know if any of them was interested in letting their property rather than selling do you ? We would be long term lets.:D

badger
31-Dec-05, 20:26
Maybe someone who works at Dounreay would put something on the bulletin board. It's the next best thing to this site.

rich62_uk
31-Dec-05, 20:29
Thats a great idea thanks if it comes off i owe you a drink.... Richard

badger
31-Dec-05, 20:43
There's something to look forward to. Don't forget they're on holiday until 4th.

Alice in Blunderland
01-Jan-06, 17:22
I know of a three bedroom house for let at this momment would be for long term as the couple are away.Do you want more info.Are you looking for anywhere in particular.

rich62_uk
01-Jan-06, 18:13
Hey Alice,

Yes we are interested if you call us on 01708 752 779 we will call you back (its free for us to a land line) or email us on madandum@hotmail.com with more details.

Thank you Rich and Trish.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Jan-06, 22:53
Great to chat on phone have e mailed you the phone numbers and details.Hope you find this useful.Happy hunting.

rich62_uk
04-Jan-06, 00:14
Alice you are a real star i guess i owe you a Bottle of Lidl's Finest

Alice in Blunderland
04-Jan-06, 15:44
Sounds fine to me let me know how you get on.Keep in touch .Hope to see you and your family when you get here.

rich62_uk
05-Jan-06, 20:28
Alice contacted the people you suggested and it looks like they have the perfect house for us i am coming up to view on Tuesday what can i say but thankyou will contact you after i have visited it.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-06, 16:33
I am glad you have got somewhere it was no problem.Got accomodation when you come up or is it a flying visit.