PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst single or album you have bought?

shrek_donkey
31-Dec-05, 00:03
I was looking through my cd collection today and have some real shockers in it that should really be hiden away.
What is the worst cd single,album or tape you have in your collection?:D

jjc
31-Dec-05, 00:06
The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running (remix from the early '90s I think)

Saveman
31-Dec-05, 00:07
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

I was young...

landmarker
31-Dec-05, 00:19
Worst album?
Iris Dement - cant remembe rthe name of it.
I bought it cos I loved one of her songs which Kate Rusby covered.
I'd seen the Barnsley nightingale in concert a few times and she always ended with 'Our Town'

Old Iris -though she wrote it - did a less than favourable version and much of the rest of the album was tripe. I reckon I've played it three times.

alan

spiggie
31-Dec-05, 00:25
Dr Jones. by Aqua aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggh.... lol

daviddd
31-Dec-05, 00:28
I once bought an Embassy album in the 60's (used to be Woolworth's own label) featuring some obscure and crap group doing poor cover versions) - the shame!

shrek_donkey
31-Dec-05, 00:29
One of my wrost has got to be Right said Fred deeply dippy canna mind the name of the album lol.

unicorn
31-Dec-05, 13:23
right said fred album was called up. I still listen to it once in a while lol it makes me laugh. My worst was a gift it was The Woolpackers lol.

genisis
01-Jan-06, 22:38
worst album i bought was Sailors Wife by a group called the Northern Lights it was cronic and the violin sounded like a something being tortured!

connieb19
02-Jan-06, 03:45
I bought a Sinead O'connor cd which was awful

Naefearjustbeer
02-Jan-06, 12:03
I bought an album called midnight guitar or something like that . The track lisings showed a list of classic rock tunes. Only problem was it was an instrumental..... It wasnt crap it was just i didnt expect it to be singerless

Peach
02-Jan-06, 18:34
Nonsense, Genisis. The Sailor's Wife by the Northern Lights is a great CD. I have a copy at home and I really like it - they're a great traditional band and Steven recorded the CD at home. There's 12 excellent tracks, and Elizabeth plays the Ashokan Farewell with such feeling.
You must have poor hearing.
So what do you know about music, Genisis?
Do you have Grade 8 like Elizabeth does with the ABRSM?

genisis
02-Jan-06, 18:41
No I passed my driving test with BSM???????????????

Peach
02-Jan-06, 23:20
[SIZE=3]Genisis,

QUOTE: "And now you mention it was made at home I can understand the poor quality."

Your comment seems to reveal that you never actually bought the album, for if you had, you would have read the last page of the album booklet, which states that the CD was recorded at home.
Suddenly, you are surprised to learn that it was home-recorded?

genisis
02-Jan-06, 23:52
After hearing the album I didnt bother to read the booklet !!!!

figgy
02-Jan-06, 23:58
Well, I'm pleased to know that the "Sailor's Wife" album is so accessible in Invergordon! What brings you onto a forum all the way up in Caithness?

So tell me, in what way do you musically fault the violin in, say, Track Nos. 5 & 9?

genisis
03-Jan-06, 00:09
for goodness sake I didnt like it and as for the violin I honestly couldnt tell you what tracks they were without looking at the case pamphlet thing but I didnt think it was that good and as far as I am aware I can say that after all I am entitled to an opinion aren't I? and why is it so importnant to you?
As for Invergordon I couldnt say if it was for sale here as I didnt purchase it here and as for why I'm on the forum it's none of your business !

Bumblebee
03-Jan-06, 00:21
Well, I suppose it's none of my business either, but it's good to know that someone all the way down there is so interested to know what's happening in Caithness!!! But you certainly were touchy about Figgy's comments........;)

genisis
03-Jan-06, 00:26
no not touchy just curious as to why I am the only one being questioned to such an extreme? Most of the folk I've met in Caithness seem to be openminded and able to discuss likes and dislikes without having to give someone the third degree. All I can say is if i ever need an interrogator I'll advertise in caithness lol!!!

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 00:33
I was once given a Jive Bunny cd as a present.
I dont think you can get much worse than that!!:p

genisis
03-Jan-06, 00:36
Oh connieb19 you are brill! and if I could i would give you as much rep points as possible you have brightened up my night. I obviously really upset someone by the neg rep I got "
What is the worst single... (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=44027#post44027)02-01-2006 11:23 PMYou have no right to go into areas that you are not qualified in (i.e.music) and pronounce an opinion in the way you did.http://forum.caithness.org/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gifWhat is the worst single... (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=43860#post43860)02-01-2006 10:40 PMUnqualified comments on music.

Oops someone does'nt like freedom of speech! and who is to say I am unqualified?????????

angela5
03-Jan-06, 01:44
someone bought a darius cd for me once, awful!!

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 01:47
someone bought a darius cd for me once, awful!!I'll swap you Darius for Jive Bunny if you like!

millwood
03-Jan-06, 01:49
someone bought a darius cd for me once, awful!!

thats almost as bad as having a Bay City Rollers tape in the car ,

Shang a` lang Doowop a doobie do aye

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-06, 02:08
worst album i bought was Sailors Wife by a group called the Northern Lights it was cronic and the violin sounded like a something being tortured!

a what laugh this is Genisis, I'm sure you've noticed I've been following the thread in the music section MOST KAIT-NESS people are usually a bit more chilled....................as it were:eek:

incidently (back to the original point)

Lowell George's solo album Thanks I'll Eat It Here.............the only CD I ever took back

Nigel Kennedy is well qualified & I don't like some of his stuff:p

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-06, 02:10
No I passed my driving test with BSM???????????????

wikid:cool: (are you a spike milligan fan)

Gleber2
03-Jan-06, 02:42
Oops someone does'nt like freedom of speech! and who is to say I am unqualified?????????[/quote]

Everyone has an opinion in Caithness and everything can be believed. In fact, there are people who actually believe that the world is flat!!!!!!!!!

JAWS
03-Jan-06, 06:48
You lot should complain. My ex insisted on playing Max Bygraves and Des O'Connor full volume in the car.
The worst part was that people might have thought they were my tapes. :o

unicorn
03-Jan-06, 13:58
Little wonder he/she is your ex lol Oh the shame not to mention the damage to your ears!!

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 14:03
You lot should complain. My ex insisted on playing Max Bygraves and Des O'Connor full volume in the car.
The worst part was that people might have thought they were my tapes. :oYou should have gone to a concert with her...you never know, you might have turned into their no1 fan!!!!:o

angela5
03-Jan-06, 14:04
I had to grow up listening to the favorite songs of my mothers-- Don Williams ouch!!:eek:

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 14:06
I had to grow up listening to the favorite songs of my mothers-- Don Williams ouch!!:eek:Oh its all flooding back now....Lena Martell..

JAWS
05-Jan-06, 04:27
You should have gone to a concert with her...you never know, you might have turned into their no1 fan!!!!:o

I did! I like a peaceful life.
Max Bygraves! It was an open air concert and it poured down all the time.

The disturbing thing was that she is not backward at coming forward. We would go somewhere that they had music playing and she would push them into putting Max Bygraves on.
It would start to howls of derision and five minutes later everybody would be singing along with the tape.
I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about it! :p

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 20:37
just listened to "spirit" songs of the cimarron, with Bryan Adams. It must be one of the worst cd's I have ever heard!!:(

krieve
13-Jan-06, 14:55
just listened to "spirit" songs of the cimarron, with Bryan Adams. It must be one of the worst cd's I have ever heard!!:(
Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince single Boom shake the room Sad or what...........lmao