PDA

View Full Version : Thurso - Inverness train times

Fluff
30-Dec-05, 22:06
Have scotrail changed the train times from Thurso to Inverness?
I am looking on the scotrail website checking times for the 2nd week of March, but the earlist time it will giveme for leaving is 13:10!! that cannot be right.

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

nicnak
30-Dec-05, 22:09
hi
try looking on thetrainline.co.uk this is the best one i have used. Hope this helps
nicnak

Fluff
30-Dec-05, 22:17
Hmm it says 1pm too. If they have gotten rid of the 7am train how flippin stupid! that makes travelling very difficult!! ARGFH

nicnak
30-Dec-05, 22:23
I know exactly what you mean I was wanting to go down to Manchester for a weekend tripon megabus but couldnt because they have now changed all the times and nothing connects at perth so you have to take 3 days over just travelling instead of two! It make you wonder who plans these time tables doesn't it

Saveman
30-Dec-05, 22:25
Maybe the 7am wasn't well enough supported for them to keep it on.

pops
30-Dec-05, 22:33
i have just looked at the timetable and there is still a train from thurso at 6.50am to inverness!!

dirdyweeker
30-Dec-05, 23:22
yes....06.51 from Thurso to Inverness. It is on the web address given previously

garycs
31-Dec-05, 17:13
Traveline is a very handy site to try, www.travelinescotland.com , it covers the whole of the UK and works out connections between trains, buses, flights, etc. It actually seems to work which is particularly surprising as I think it's run by some sort of government agency!

Fluff
01-Jan-06, 12:16
Thanks all. It was rather strange, i kept clicking earlier trains but would not come up with anything. That sorts alot out. :)