PDA

View Full Version : stoves cooker

hotrod4
31-Aug-08, 15:51
Does anyone know where I can get a part for my Stoves cooker? The ceramic hob wotks fine EXCEPT 3 of the rings only work on full blast!!!! Called stoves and the wifey told me it would be £150 to get an engineer out THEN parts and labour! Shocking service, asked what the matter could be and was told they wouldnt know until engineer came! Think its a regulator thats required, anyone any ideas???
Cheers in advance.

poppett
31-Aug-08, 22:43
I would try sending them an email via the Stoves website to their technical department. They offer to sell spares direct, so once you know what is required I would have thought any reputable repair engineer would be able to fix it for you.

Only clever chappie I know in that department is Alan Cameron from Alacam in Olrig Street Thurso, but there must be someone similar in Wick.

I am assuming it is out of warranty of course.

Best of luck

hotrod4
01-Sep-08, 17:34
I would try sending them an email via the Stoves website to their technical department. They offer to sell spares direct, so once you know what is required I would have thought any reputable repair engineer would be able to fix it for you.

Only clever chappie I know in that department is Alan Cameron from Alacam in Olrig Street Thurso, but there must be someone similar in Wick.

I am assuming it is out of warranty of course.

Best of luck

Thanks for that.
E-mailed them 6(yes 6 times) and never once got an answer. Eventually got them on the phone, woman on their wasnt interested other than to offer me an engineer which I could pay up over 10 months plus parts and labour. explained to her just want to know whats wrong, she wouldnt help but reminded me AGAIN of the engineers price!!

poppett
02-Sep-08, 18:26
Really bad customer services Hotrod. Personally I would be sending a letter to the managing director about your problem. Good luck