PDA

View Full Version : which broadband?

paddy
30-Aug-08, 12:00
which broadband would you recommend. im currently with aol but planning to change as im unhappy with the service .is anyone with tiscali if so what they like.

Welcomefamily
30-Aug-08, 12:07
No I with BT, they can be very slow at times.

Metalattakk
30-Aug-08, 12:31
which broadband would you recommend. im currently with aol but planning to change as im unhappy with the service .is anyone with tiscali if so what they like.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php

Check there for ISP ratings.

Oh, and do not, under any circumstances, go with Tiscali. They're cheap, but rubbish.

poppett
30-Aug-08, 12:33
I have broadband with Pipex. Fast speeds and also included in the package I have is free calls 24/7 to any 01 02 and 03 numbers. Excellent customer services and they never take the direct debit payment before the due date, unlike BT with whom I am forced to use for a landline connection and they get it wrong most times with the direct debits, but they refuse to allow a standing order and charge extra to pay it any other way.

EDDIE
30-Aug-08, 12:43

O2 has a deal on at the moment u buy the mobile broadband 02 dongle for £20 and get free home broadband.
Good luck in trying to get your mac code lol.

kas
30-Aug-08, 21:48

I am the same, my AOL keeps cuttingme offline the whole time and is now like a snail compared to what it used to be. I had been hearing BT is quite good up here, but then seen Welcome Familys post I am not so sure, any comments?

octane
30-Aug-08, 21:57
Im with Bt Total Broadband on option 3, although its probally one of the dearest isp packages out there ive had no problems whatsoever and thats with a laptop and 4 pc's connected wireless to the hub.

purplelady
30-Aug-08, 23:21
im with bt total broadband on option 3, although its probally one of the dearest isp packages out there ive had no problems whatsoever and thats with a laptop and 4 pc's connected wireless to the hub.have the same and like you say it is not the cheapest but is deffo the best had eclipse they were ok but not as good as bt

telfordstar
31-Aug-08, 10:48
Im with orange and ive had not one problem so far.

hotrod4
31-Aug-08, 15:46
Im with BT and never have any problems with them. I also get unlimited downloads which is a bonus!!:) as I average 60-70gb a month. As stated before they arent the cheapest but it is reliable.