PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser Recommendations Please

LMS
29-Aug-08, 19:08
Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in the Wick or Thurso areas?

bobandag16
29-Aug-08, 19:35
Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in the Wick or Thurso areas?
ladies or gents?

Nibbler
29-Aug-08, 20:02
Hi LMS

For women, I personally go to Harbour Highlights which is Lynn Morrison. I find her and her team brilliant. She knows how to treat all kinds of hair (mine is not the thickest).

I havent really been to any other hairdressers in the town but I am sure all are good.

For gents, which I really know nothing about, there is nearly always a queue down at the place just along from the French Restaurant in Wick. It is always blokes I see waiting so it does suggest that they are good. My other half does his own hair - shaves it off!!! :lol:

Not sure if this helps or not, but good luck in your search.

dirdyweeker
29-Aug-08, 20:33
In Wick...........Diane Mathieson is the person in River Street who is certainly very good at cutting. She does men and women but no colours, perms etc
I personally use Amanda in Curl up and Dye further along the street next to Shearers (Victoria Street).
I think if you look at a friend who has a nice cut or style, just ask them who they use.

Good luck, the choice is massive, prices vary.

nicnic74
29-Aug-08, 21:33
Hi LMS

For women, I personally go to Harbour Highlights which is Lynn Morrison. I find her and her team brilliant. She knows how to treat all kinds of hair (mine is not the thickest).

I havent really been to any other hairdressers in the town but I am sure all are good.

For gents, which I really know nothing about, there is nearly always a queue down at the place just along from the French Restaurant in Wick. It is always blokes I see waiting so it does suggest that they are good. My other half does his own hair - shaves it off!!! :lol:

Not sure if this helps or not, but good luck in your search.
I would recommend Lynn & her team as well they are absaloutly brilliant she always does the right style for me & if i fancy a change her style that she suggests is always spot on, she is doin my hair for my wedding which is shortly & im looking so forward for her doin it as i ken the end result will be lovely

bull
29-Aug-08, 23:24
The girls at Shear Klass in Argyll Square are all excellent.
The atmosphere is always relaxed and friendly, they use excellent quality products and take the time to discuss with you what style, colours, lengths etc would look best.
This is also one of the few places I haven't had my hair wrecked with perming. Never go anywhere else now!
They are open Tuesday to Friday 9am to 8pm and the number is 01955 604702

nellie
29-Aug-08, 23:44
how about Wendys Breadalbane Terrace

LMS
30-Aug-08, 08:20
I am looking for a ladies hairdresser. Thank you for the replies so far and your comments are being carefully pondered.

poppett
30-Aug-08, 12:36
Frances at Janettes in Thurso is brilliant. Does just what you ask her to do.

sms
30-Aug-08, 16:39
After trying mostly all the hairdressers in Wick i have actually found one that is great.

Harbour Hi lights

Lynn is great at doing hair, she has changed my style now many times and i love what she does and what she recommends for my hair.
My little girl will only let Lynn cut her hair now as she is really good with the kids even if they do play up or wont sit still.

Lynn and her girls do a great job, well done girls

telfordstar
30-Aug-08, 21:37
Dena and girls in kut above in henrietta street best hairdresser ive been to :D

Belfastbabe
31-Aug-08, 21:55
Jo at Hair.com is fantastic. I used to go to Charlie Miller in Edinburgh and Toni and Guy in Newcastle but Jo is by far the best!

Liz
01-Sep-08, 13:44
I would also highly recommend Lynn and the girls at Harbour Hi-Lights.
I have tried a few hairdressers and will now be staying with Lynn.

They are so friendly and there is a lovely atmosphere in the salon.

Julia
01-Sep-08, 13:53
Dena and girls in kut above in henrietta street best hairdresser ive been to :D

I've tried them all but have now been going to Dena for years, by far the best in the town!

sjr014
01-Sep-08, 19:51
Louise at curl up an dye for sure! She is fab and always really enthusiastic and full of ideas! And the shop is soooo lovely now its been done up! Love going 2 get my hair done can chill oot an relax! An its never overcrowded anymore so you don't feel your being rushed in and out!

catran
01-Sep-08, 20:32
Headlines in Union Street excellent for men and women

floyed
01-Sep-08, 20:48
I use headlines in union street for years. Very nice staff, coffee and a chat while your hair is done. They make you feel very comfy and relaxed. Would highly recommend:D

liz19
01-Sep-08, 21:40
I agree with dirdyweeker ask family or friends word of mouth is the greatest advert (if u are good that is lol) I have met a lot of my customers from that:D

snowflakes400
02-Sep-08, 19:32
I would say vivian and the girls in shear klass
are great have been going there for years
and cant fault them,they are all really nice
and friendly always got plenty of new ideas
nice place too!!

saffy100
02-Sep-08, 19:58
I go to Melody at R + M Stylists down by the redwood, next door to the picture box gift shop, always come away feeling happy and she's lovely and friendly too. I have long hair and have always found it hard to get someone who does exactly what you want...but Melody is great.

Very reasonable prices too.