PDA

View Full Version : Hotels or Bed & Breakfast, near Hampden football stadium, Glasgow

robbain
29-Dec-05, 23:38
Can anyone recommend a good Bed & Breakfast or Hotel near Hampden Football Stadium, Glasgow ?, tried looking at VisitScotland.com website - what a waste of space, totally useless.

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 23:46
Can anyone recommend a good Bed & Breakfast or Hotel near Hampden Football Stadium, Glasgow ?, tried looking at VisitScotland.com website - what a waste of space, totally useless.Try the Campanile. Near by and a reasonable price too.. They have a website if you have a look

angela5
30-Dec-05, 00:17
Can anyone recommend a good Bed & Breakfast or Hotel near Hampden Football Stadium, Glasgow ?, tried looking at VisitScotland.com website - what a waste of space, totally useless.

Best Western Ewington Hotel 5 minutes from Hampden park it's a 3 star and £45 b&b.

Express Holiday Inn, city centre 10 minutes from Hampden Park.
hope thats of help to you.

angela5
30-Dec-05, 01:35
When i went to hampden football park i stayed in the Travel Lodge in Paisley rd, it's in the city centre and about a 5min walk.
did a great breakfast, think it was something like £48 bed & breakfast i recommened it anyway.

Drutt
30-Dec-05, 01:50
When i went to hampden football park i stayed in the Travel Lodge in Paisley rd, it's in the city centre and about a 5min walk. Are you sure you weren't visiting Ibrox? It's just that Paisley Road is neither in the city centre nor near Hampden Park.

Robbain, anything that's in Mount Florida or Langside will put you near the stadium. Cathcart and Shawlands are fine too, if you don't mind a little walking.

angela5
30-Dec-05, 02:00
Are you sure you weren't visiting Ibrox? It's just that Paisley Road is neither in the city centre nor near Hampden Park.

Robbain, anything that's in Mount Florida or Langside will put you near the stadium. Cathcart and Shawlands are fine too, if you don't mind a little walking.

you must be thinking of Paisley road west it takes you out to dunbarton?

Ibrox and Hampden park is only a 4-5 drive from each other
it is paisley road in the centre of glasgow.

Drutt
30-Dec-05, 02:04
Try the Campanile. Near by and a reasonable price too.. They have a website if you have a look
That hotel's on the north side of the Clyde and next to the SECC... nowhere near Hampden Park.

Robbain, perhaps you could clarify whether you'd like to be within walking distance or if car/public transport accessible accomodation is okay.

jamesmoore
30-Dec-05, 02:05
That hotel's on the north side of the Clyde and next to the SECC... nowhere near Hampden Park.

Robbain, perhaps you could clarify whether you'd like to be within walking distance or if car/public transport accessible accomodation is okay.It always seems close enough for me..

Drutt
30-Dec-05, 02:16
you must be thinking of Paisley road west it takes you out to dunbarton?

Ibrox and Hampden park is only a 4-5 drive from each other
it is paisley road in the centre of glasgow. Nah, Paisley Road becomes Paisley Road West as you travel west and takes you to Paisley (whereupon it becomes Glasgow Road). It's on the south side of the Clyde so isn't in the city centre, which is all on the north side.

To get to Dumbarton you'd need to head out west on the Clydeside Expressway, which is the north side of the Clyde.

Anyway, the hotel you mention is one I go by every day when I come off the M77. It might be quick in the car, but that's not an ideal way of getting to Hampden (whether you're going to a match or a concert). It's not ideal for public transport either (for which you'd be better off actually in the city centre). There should be a few hotels or B&Bs which are within walking distance.

Anyway, I guess this is all irrelevant until Robbain lets us know how he/she wants to get around.

angela5
30-Dec-05, 02:21
Nah, Paisley Road becomes Paisley Road West as you travel west and takes you to Paisley (whereupon it becomes Glasgow Road). It's on the south side of the Clyde so isn't in the city centre, which is all on the north side.

To get to Dumbarton you'd need to head out west on the Clydeside Expressway, which is the north side of the Clyde.

Anyway, the hotel you mention is one I go by every day when I come off the M77. It might be quick in the car, but that's not an ideal way of getting to Hampden (whether you're going to a match or a concert). It's not ideal for public transport either (for which you'd be better off actually in the city centre). There should be a few hotels or B&Bs which are within walking distance.

Anyway, I guess this is all irrelevant until Robbain lets us know how he/she wants to get around.

okay whatever i rest my case, i'll leave you in charge of finding the accomodation then lol.

robbain
30-Dec-05, 05:31

Robbain, perhaps you could clarify whether you'd like to be within walking distance or if car/public transport accessible accomodation is okay.

I woud like within walking distance

Drutt
30-Dec-05, 12:48
Well, I'm reluctant to give recommendations, as such, because I've not stayed in any of these places, but I can certainly let you know what's nearby.

Dunkeld Hotel (http://www.dunkeld-hotel.co.uk/) (0141 4240160) looks to be nearest. It would be about a 10 minute walk.

Parkview Hotel (0141 423 2706) or the Ewington Hotel (http://www.activehotels.com/servlet/xmlbrochure/index.do?hotelid=224731&day=&month=&year=&trkref=AHU&subid=&numrooms=&numnights=&language=&mode=) as mentioned by Pooh Pooh (0141 423 1152) are pretty nearby too. These would be a 15-20 minute walk. You could take out some of the walk alongside Queens Park by jumping on a no. 66 bus for a few stops, which will get you to Victoria Infirmary.

The Ivory Hotel (http://www.ivoryhotel.com) (0141 636 0223) or the Boswell Hotel (0141 632 9812) would be alternatives on the south side of Queens Park. These would also be about a 15 minute walk, but I can't think of any public transport from there which would get you there faster.

If you use google maps (http://www.google.co.uk/local?hl=en&lr=&q=hotel&near=Glasgow+G42&sa=X&oi=localr), you'll find it easier to get your bearings and see what's where.