PDA

View Full Version : 02 broadband

balto
28-Aug-08, 11:58
just wondering what 02 broadband is like, as we are moving house shortly and i am planning getting rid of aol, as it is gradullly getting so expensive, also it keeps playing up, i was looking at other providers and 02 seem to be the best value for money, so if anyone has it could they let me know what it is like.

AfternoonDelight
28-Aug-08, 12:01
I have O2 Broadband - they have been my network provider for years and recently I phoned up and threatened to leave them so they offered me free wireless broadband. The switch over was painless and easy and the connection is faster than Tiscali.

No complaints...:Razz

balto
28-Aug-08, 12:17
was it the broadband service or the mobile phone service you werent happy with

AfternoonDelight
28-Aug-08, 12:37
It's not that I wasn't happy with the service - I wasn't happy with my mobile and another provider offered to buy out my existing contract. When I phoned O2 to tell them this they fell over themselves to keep my custom and offered me free things! :lol:

I couldn't fault them as a provider.

balto
28-Aug-08, 14:08
cheers for that, think i wil give them ago.

AfternoonDelight
28-Aug-08, 14:10
That's my pleasure, Balto. :D

gollach
28-Aug-08, 18:28
There's 2 different types of O2 broadband. The cheapest (about £7.50 a month for broadband if you have an O2 phone) is called O2 broadband. The other is called O2 HOME broadband and costs £17 a month.

You can only get the cheaper pf the two if you live in area served by an unbundled exchange. Unfortunately, Thurso does not have this and can only get the dearer option.

Make sure you know which one you are signing up to!

balto
28-Aug-08, 20:14
There's 2 different types of O2 broadband. The cheapest (about £7.50 a month for broadband if you have an O2 phone) is called O2 broadband. The other is called O2 HOME broadband and costs £17 a month.

You can only get the cheaper pf the two if you live in area served by an unbundled exchange. Unfortunately, Thurso does not have this and can only get the dearer option.

Make sure you know which one you are signing up to!
aye it is the dearer one that i was looking into as it is unlimted, whereas the other 2 packages arent, so this one really is the best option.

Metalattakk
28-Aug-08, 20:55
Are O2 still offering a 90-day money back period when signing up? I'd be a little wary of signing a 12 month contract with no recourse if the service turns out sub-standard, and there's precious little information/feedback out there about the non-LLU services they provide.

Also, you do realise that to an ISP, 'unlimited' actually means 'limited'?