PDA

View Full Version : The Wick River

Tymey
29-Dec-05, 13:40
Hi

The fishing season will soon come round again and so I would like to get some definitive answers to a few questions I have about the Wick River. So here goes:

I live in the parish of Watten, does this mean I can join the Wick Angling Association and purchase a year long permit for the river? A relative lives in Bilbster and was told no, a chap who lives less than a mile down the road from me is a member and fishes the river.

How much is a permit for the year?

If I cannot join the WAA can I buy a day ticket?

Do I need a permit to fish for trout?

Cheers.

shrek_donkey
29-Dec-05, 13:51
I am a member and there is nothing stating that you can't buy a permit. It cost £80 the first year and £70 pound there after whoever told them that the can't join must have it wrong you can get an application from hugo's.
you do need a permit for trout but the permit covers you for trout. If you do want to join you have got to get 2 members to sign your form for you. and some of the best fishing is at watten.If you need to know anything else you can pm

jambo
29-Dec-05, 14:30
never mind the river get ur self a beachcastor and go to reiss beach to catch some sea trout and it costs nothing to fish there.

eastend
29-Dec-05, 15:10
wot the fishing like at wester this time of year ,wots best bait or spinners

jambo
29-Dec-05, 17:55
caught a nice 1 1/2 pound sea trout just down from golf course last week using sandeel bait.