PDA

View Full Version : BT Broadband

Kevin Milkins
28-Aug-08, 10:24
I have BT Total Broadband and I am delighted with it.
Just now and then the picture goes into scramble mode on the TV and I have noticed that this happens when a motor bike goes up our street.
Is there somthing I could fit to stop this?

Mizpah
28-Aug-08, 14:17
Hi there,
it could be a weak signal so perhaps you should check signal strength to see if this will help, by the way does your tele-text work because for some reason mine has stopped and BT told me it was a problem with them, just interested.

trix
28-Aug-08, 14:21
Just now and then the picture goes into scramble mode on the TV and I have noticed that this happens when a motor bike goes up our street.

perhaps 'e moterbike is a scrambler [lol]

blueivy
28-Aug-08, 14:28

Hi Kevin,

I get this quite a lot particularly with taxi's (and their radio's). It's just interference. You'll probably find it's something to do with the motorbike engine (high frequency noise) or maybe a radio on the bike. There is little you can do about it (other than move your aerial or maybe replace it for one less susceptible).

My question about Freeview, to take things slightly off-topic is, does anybody get ITV4 here and if so can they give me the transmitter details as I simply can't get it!

tonkatojo
28-Aug-08, 15:39
good ole bt !!!!

Dynamic Sounds
28-Aug-08, 23:39

I assume you mean that you hace BT vision and that is causing the probs.

Since there was an update on mines about a week ago, I can't get text or red button stuff either.

As for the scrambling, this is common with freeview signals depending where you are. At my parents I had a problem with it, infact the washing machine would upset it, but at the house I am now I have no probs.

Brizer2k7
29-Aug-08, 04:04
A few suggestions

1 - fit a stinger at the bottom of your road!!! (like what they have in police. camera, action on tv to stop cars)

2 - wallpaper the walls with tin foil

:confused

Niall Fernie
29-Aug-08, 09:33
We get all the freeview channels, heres a link to a site with all the frequencys for rumster:

http://test.adslweb.co.uk/phpbb2/channels.php?id=66&submit=Go

I had to program them all manually into my TV Card so I know how frustrating this can be.

blueivy
29-Aug-08, 11:52
We get all the freeview channels, heres a link to a site with all the frequencys for rumster:

http://test.adslweb.co.uk/phpbb2/channels.php?id=66&submit=Go

I had to program them all manually into my TV Card so I know how frustrating this can be.

Thanks for that Niall. I'll take a look at it. I did have the settings from Rumster Forest before but that were not as easy reading as that link you posted so it's possible I misread some of the settings.

I get ITV4 sort of coming up - the screen is always black and it more often than not hangs MythTV. This made me think that the settings were out as the Freeview box works absolutely fine.

Kevin Milkins
30-Aug-08, 00:29
Hi Kevin,

I get this quite a lot particularly with taxi's (and their radio's). It's just interference. You'll probably find it's something to do with the motorbike engine (high frequency noise) or maybe a radio on the bike. There is little you can do about it (other than move your aerial or maybe replace it for one less susceptible).

My question about Freeview, to take things slightly off-topic is, does anybody get ITV4 here and if so can they give me the transmitter details as I simply can't get it!
Thanks all once again for advice.
blueivy, I bought the wife a new telly for the bedroom from Tesco as a birthday presant. It has digital built in .
All I did was plug it in and it set itself up and it has ITV 4 on it.
I dont know how to find its transmitter details though.?