PDA

View Full Version : A Date for Your Diary

neepnipper
27-Aug-08, 21:44
Pets at Home in Wick will be having a Fun Dog Show in store on Saturday 15th November, starting at 11am prompt, entries taken from 10am.

Classes are:

Best Puppy ( 6 - 12 months)
Best Veteran (over 10 years)
Prettiest Bitch
Most Handsome Dog
Waggiest Tail
Best 6 Legs
Best Trick
Dog judge would like to take home

Entry: 50p per class, all proceeds to the Pets at Home Charitable Trust.

There will be some fabulous prizes including a portrait of the Best in Show winner by artist Laura Young - www.lauraspetportraits.co.uk (http://www.lauraspetportraits.co.uk).

Winner of the Best Puppy will receive a one hour one to one training session with Carolyne Poulton of Greenland K9 Training - www.greenlandk9training.co.uk (http://www.greenlandk9training.co.uk)

Lots of other great prizes to be won.

Guest judge will be Carolyne Poulton of Greenland K9 Training & Caithness Labrador Rescue.

Photographer Martina Cross has also kindly agreed to take pictures of the show - www.martinacrossphotography.co.uk (http://www.martinacrossphotography.co.uk)

Hope you can all come along and have some doggy fun!

I will put this on the 'Whats On' section nearer the time.

Torvaig
27-Aug-08, 21:56
Oh dear, I won't be able to enter Ben; you don't have a section for the most scruffiest dog! :lol:

You can put it on "What's On" right away as it just sits in the calendar under the date and then shows up at the right time.

I have put it in my diary as it sounds like fun, hope you get a good crowd....

neepnipper
27-Aug-08, 21:59
Yes, I'll put it on now, good idea, nearer the time it may slip my mind with having everything to organise.

Raven
28-Aug-08, 07:54
Oh dear, I won't be able to enter Ben; you don't have a section for the most scruffiest dog! :lol:

Torvaig, those were EXACTELY my words just now!! Ach, maybe I might be able to enter him in the veteran section though :lol:

Torvaig
28-Aug-08, 10:13
Torvaig, those were EXACTELY my words just now!! Ach, maybe I might be able to enter him in the veteran section though :lol:

Oops, I presume you have a dog too? I was about to exclaim "How do you know my dog" and "but he's only four years old!"

Shall we lobby for a scruffiest and veteran section then? And I will put a ribbon in Ben's hair so that he will win "Dog judge would most want to take home" - to tidy him up if nothing else! :lol:

neepnipper
28-Aug-08, 10:32
There is a veteran section so you'll be able to enter that!

What about entering 'best 6 legs', the hairier the better!

Torvaig
28-Aug-08, 11:07
There is a veteran section so you'll be able to enter that!

What about entering 'best 6 legs', the hairier the better!

I qualify for the veteran section but I've only got two legs and they are not hairy! Oh I see what you mean.....;)

Now where are those stilettos?.......

carasmam
28-Aug-08, 19:31
I qualify for the veteran section but I've only got two legs and they are not hairy! Oh I see what you mean.....;)

Now where are those stilettos?.......

Stop using a razor now and you will like a yeti by November :eek: Go on I dare you !!!!

Looks like there might be a few in the veterans section, Cara's 13 so we qualify for it as well :)

rhino
29-Aug-08, 22:46
Jaq will be there!!!

unicorn
29-Aug-08, 23:20
why does everything always clash in Caithness :lol: Our rabbit show is the same day :lol: It's an all or nothing thing I think.

neepnipper
30-Aug-08, 07:23
I did check the 'whats on' section' and there was nothing else listed for that day!

bluenose
30-Aug-08, 07:49
My mum walks round with a Pedigree Chum bag which is bright yellow and in red writing says "Best Opposite Sex".
I know what it means but she must get some funny looks!
So let us have a Best Opposite Sex category and I will enter my mum.

Torvaig
30-Aug-08, 11:44
Stop using a razor now and you will like a yeti by November :eek: Go on I dare you !!!!

Looks like there might be a few in the veterans section, Cara's 13 so we qualify for it as well :)

Ahem, I presume that veteran refers to the dog not the owner; if so, Ben is no veteran! ;)

carasmam
30-Aug-08, 21:22
Ahem, I presume that veteran refers to the dog not the owner; if so, Ben is no veteran!

And your only as old as you feel :lol:

Hope there is good turnout for it.

Is this week wet nose week or something like that ? Or did I totally imagine reading that :eek:

neepnipper
30-Aug-08, 21:26
Yes it is Wet Nose Week from 1st September, Wet Nose Day is Friday 5th, Pets at Home are selling lovely black squishy noses (for humans, not dogs!) at £1.00 each, money goes to Scottish SPCA.

carasmam
30-Aug-08, 21:53
Thanks neepnipper, thought I was going dottled for a whiley there :D

neepnipper
08-Nov-08, 13:47
Just a reminder, the Fun Dog Show at Pets at Home is next Saturday, 15th November, doesn't time fly!

Prizes now confirmed as:

Best Puppy 1st prize - an hour one to one training session with Carolyne Poulton.

First prize in all other classes is a £5.00 Pets at Home gift voucher.

Second and third in all classes will win goody bags.

Best in Show will win a voucher worth £90.00 for a portrait of their dog by Laura Young.

Come along and have some fun with your dogs!:D

neepnipper
15-Nov-08, 14:50
I'd just like to say a big 'thank you' for everyone who came to the Dog Show this morning, it all went really well and everyone seemed to have a good time.:D

A big 'thank you' to Carolyne Poulton for judging and Martina Cross for taken photos, some should be posted on here soon.

Another big 'thank you' to Laura, Kay and Neil at Pets at Home, couldn't of done it without you!:D

dragonfly
15-Nov-08, 15:06
it was a good morning out and such lovely dogs there too :)

My trio are all zonked out now fast asleep, must have overdone it with the excitement of wagging their tails :lol:

look forward to seeing the photos that Martina was taking tho hope they will just show the dogs, not the owners!!!! Martina, if you do, can you airbrush me to look like Brittany please?!?!?

Raven
15-Nov-08, 16:00
Well done to Debbie and all the rest of the Pets at Home peeps! It was such a well organized and great dog show with a fantastic turnout. It was so nice to see so many breeds happy under one roof!
Ah, dragonfly, now I recognize you, you have put your two dogs photos on in another thread.

Here are some of the pictures I took during the show... sorry, owners are included (but they should be so proud of their woofies, definately lots of beaming smiles there :-))

Carolyne Poulton was such a great and competent judge, well done to you too!

http://www.martinacrossphotography.co.uk/pet%20at%20home%20fun%20dog%20show.html

neepnipper
15-Nov-08, 16:13
Thanks Martina, great photos! Lots of happy dogs and people!:D

rhino
15-Nov-08, 20:47
well done !!!

You did us proud

lauraspetportraits
16-Nov-08, 11:51
Aww, looks like everyone had fun :D. So sorry I couldn't be there on the day. Big well done to Debbie (neepnipper) for organising it all.