PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest / Best Gas Supplier

The Angel Of Death
29-Dec-05, 10:25
What do you use i am currently with scottish gas since moving over a few months ago and find im spending loads more than i used to with my old provider was using roughly £5 - £10 a week and now i am almost double that

Called them up to make sure i wasnt being over charged and got a load of cheek from the adviser aparently im luck im only using that as she has her heating on for an hour a day and its costing her more than that !!!

Any one know of a website or a list of who is the cheepest / best at the mo

Cheers

Tristan
29-Dec-05, 11:38
here is one...there may be others

http://www.uswitch.com/index.asp?ref=brinc

unicorn
29-Dec-05, 12:03
I think prices have gone up in general. I phoned the hydro who I have gas and electric with cos I am now using about 32.6O a day electric which seems an awful lot but they told me ths is correct??

The Angel Of Death
29-Dec-05, 13:23
yea i know prices went up but i am finding i am almost double what i was paying before

I knew i shouldnt have listened to the "we are loads cheeper" line should havejust stuck with what i had before

AR
29-Dec-05, 15:11
I think it was advertised everywhere in the autumn that gas prices were going to shoot up because(so THEY say) the wholesale cost of gas has gone away up. Having said that im with scottish gas and i havent noticed any major changes on last winter.....yet! I tryed that u switch thingy and i could save about£3 a year(WOW) by going to n power if i remember correctly, but that was in the spring time. While writing this a friend phoned and they think (they are not sure!) they are with scottish power and they think their bill has gone up considerably on last year, but they are going to check now.