PDA

View Full Version : Football Mad

molly
27-Aug-08, 19:11
My little boy would love to start playing football but i am not sure what age that the local teams start them at. Does anyone know?

percy toboggan
27-Aug-08, 19:40
If it's any younger, I'd leave it 'til he's about seven.
Just an opinion. You can put em off by starting too young.

Cattach
27-Aug-08, 20:06
If it's any younger, I'd leave it 'til he's about seven.
Just an opinion. You can put em off by starting too young.

Are you talking as an expert or is it just an idea you have about age? Your idol David Beckham, as I see from a different thread, started before the age of 7 years and look what great sportsman he became - better than anything we in Scotland have produced in th elast 20 years!

percy toboggan
27-Aug-08, 20:16
Are you talking as an expert or is it just an idea you have about age? Your idol David Beckham, as I see from a different thread, started before the age of 7 years and look what great sportsman he became - better than anything we in Scotland have produced in th elast 20 years!

You looking for an agument?
You can't judge a footballer by what Scotland has produced in the last 20 years ...otherwise any profficient journeyman in the English premier league will shine.

I'm speaking as one who knows, who once had a young Son, as one who wasn't a pushy parent (not suggesting that here either).

Beckham was a sportsman who became a clothes horse who became a narcissist, who had a moderate talent but could neither tackle nor head a ball to save his life.

John Baikie
27-Aug-08, 20:50
Most clubs take them when they start school.

lynne duncan
27-Aug-08, 21:15
dinnae ken about the thurso side but eastend in wick take them after the october holidays when they are in primary 1 so that would be 5years old

Moonboots
28-Aug-08, 13:13
Being a coach for Thurso Youth Club we let them join us from 5 years and upwards.
If your child(boy/girl) is 5 years or more then take him/her along to our training night on Every Wednesday at Thurso High School Gym 2 from 6pm -7pm.

There is only 1 problem next week the3rd of Sept, We do not have the gym so no training that night.

Cheers
Paul Reid
TYC FC Coach

molly
29-Aug-08, 10:02
Thank you for all the replys...I will take him along to football next year if he still is as keen as he is at the moment as he is just over 4 years old... Good to know that he doesnt have to wait that long as my dribbling and headers skills are very poor and there are many near misses with my lights in the house.