PDA

View Full Version : live webcam

highlander
27-Aug-08, 15:04
The ospreys have now flown but its been lovely still logging on to the site and seeing red squirrels feeding at the nuts, so far i have seen bluetits, chaffinches, best get back to see what others coming to the feeding station lol
Here is the link again incase some dont have it
http://www.rspb.org.uk/webcams/birdsofprey/lochgartenvideo.asp

wifie
27-Aug-08, 15:17
Hey thanks High - brilliant watchin the squirrel!

kriklah
27-Aug-08, 22:01
i was following the chicks since the day they hatched, but hadnt checked in much since they fledged, so was pleasantly supprised to meet the squirrels one morning, they are realy lovely to watch. havent seen squirrels since distractedly gazing out the science room windows in secondary school in hampshire, 20 odd year ago

highlander
28-Aug-08, 11:03
I decided to log on this morning to see if the squirrels were at the feeding station, there were two there, i was highly amused watching them, in fact it started with a wee giggle, then a rip roaring belly laugh (yea ken what i mean) lol anyhow here was one squirrel opening the box to get the nuts and the other one desperate to get some, nope the other squirrel was having nothing of it, well here this little squirrel tried all tactics, peeping from one side then running around the other, it tried coming down the tree, nope that didnt work so tried to sneek up behind the squirrel feeding, i found myself humming the tune mission impossible lol Oh weel i am easily amused but it did start me off in a happy mood.

Torvaig
28-Aug-08, 11:15
I decided to log on this morning to see if the squirrels were at the feeding station, there were two there, i was highly amused watching them, in fact it started with a wee giggle, then a rip roaring belly laugh (yea ken what i mean) lol anyhow here was one squirrel opening the box to get the nuts and the other one desperate to get some, nope the other squirrel was having nothing of it, well here this little squirrel tried all tactics, peeping from one side then running around the other, it tried coming down the tree, nope that didnt work so tried to sneek up behind the squirrel feeding, i found myself humming the tune mission impossible lol Oh weel i am easily amused but it did start me off in a happy mood.

And your post will put others in a happy mood; how about a running commentary every day? I could almost see them....

I like watching the webcam too and I must get a feeding station for here at home. The only problem is that it would have to be in the front garden whereas I would prefer the back where I could sit and watch the visitors but that is my dog's domain and I wouldn't give much hope for any bird that wasn't paying attention.

I think watching nature is very good for the soul, keeps the blood pressure under control. :)

wifie
28-Aug-08, 11:23
Hey great idea Torvaig - Highlander's Squirrel Blog! Come on High - cheer up the Org of a morning!

kriklah
28-Aug-08, 11:34
humming the mission impossible tune? give this a watch then!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY9GBl7UmVs

highlander
28-Aug-08, 11:34
I could sit and watch the squirrels all day lol when we were in edinburgh we went to the botanical gardens, was thrilled to see them so close up, i had a bag of cheddars with me and was so surprised that they would come up and nearly take it from your hand, so if anyone seen a crazy highlander lying flat on her belly in the middle of gardens temping this squirrel to share my cheddars, yea it was me, btw as i am typing this, hector my cat has decided he now wants to be a parrot and has climbed on to my shoulder watching me type lol

highlander
28-Aug-08, 11:37
OH thank you, thank-you, thank-you that was so funny, will have to put that one into my favourites lol

wifie
28-Aug-08, 14:17
LOL Highlander - the first time I was up close and personal with squirrels was in London - Kew Gardens to be precise. I was thrilled they would come up and take food from my hand - remember saying to OH, "They have wee cold hands!" :roll:

inorg
28-Aug-08, 17:14
Great link highlander,spotted 6 different birds in the last few minutes and what looked like a squirrel with an almost pure white tail.
Any one else seen it?

Margaret M.
28-Aug-08, 19:56
It is lovely to see red squirrels. They are in North America but I have never seen one. There is an abundance of grey ones around the birdfeeder and they are great fun to watch. They become quite tame.

highlander
29-Aug-08, 12:09
yes inorg i have seen the white tailed squirrel, there that has a black and white tail.
Ok todays antics have been great, this one will just have to be called "tufty" lol here is in climbed into the box with just a tuft of tail hanging out, gawd what a feast he is having, the other squirrel (not got a name for it yet) was trying his hardest to get nuts out of the bird feeder, trying all angles, upside down, round and round feeder, back legs hold onto tree and nibble away, then it was the swinging action. Going back to tufty he was in the box and a third squirrel thought he would try his luck, noooooooooo chance, tufty was like white lightening out of that box and chased it round the tree, squirrel who was eating at bird feeder briefly looks up, and thought "ermmmmmm lets hope he dont go for my nuts" lol
more to follow later...............

Kenn
29-Aug-08, 22:22
I don't know which is funnier, your report of events or actually watching the goings on.
I was in hysterics watching the woodpecker trying to work out how to get into the box and that poor squirrel who also does n't seem to have the knack.
Should the RSPB put up signs saying,"Lift the lid?"
Looking forward to your next report.

wifie
05-Sep-08, 15:49
Here's a cute still for you Highlander! :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7561556.stm
pic no 11 (not the guy in the bog seat LOL!)

golach
25-Oct-08, 16:11
The ospreys have now flown but its been lovely still logging on to the site and seeing red squirrels feeding at the nuts, so far i have seen bluetits, chaffinches, best get back to see what others coming to the feeding station lol
Here is the link again incase some dont have it
http://www.rspb.org.uk/webcams/birdsofprey/lochgartenvideo.asp
Has anyone checked this great link that Highlander found, it must be blowing a gale, the tree is waving around like a mast on a yacht

Kenn
29-Nov-08, 22:56
We were watching earlier today and nearly went cross eyed trying to keep up with all the activity. spotted five different birds but the tits had us in hysterics they were like a swarm of bumble bees late in the afternoon.