PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards

johndy
27-Dec-05, 20:45
Does anyone know, if there are any shops in Wick/Thurso collecting used christmas cards for re-cycling?

rainbow
27-Dec-05, 22:17
Boots normally has a box in which you can place cards in for re-cycling - or you can go to the re-cycling place at the drome and put them in the paper skip.

Liz
28-Dec-05, 02:15
It was in the paper that you can put them in the blue box which is collected.

Fran
29-Dec-05, 01:28
the post office usually collects used christmas cards

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 04:15
What is the problem with people putting them in the blue box for collection. Its not that difficult surely!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Chillie
29-Dec-05, 04:23
Blue box is not for card, paper only ;note they won't take cereal boxes which is made of card

jamesmoore
29-Dec-05, 04:25
Blue box is not for card, paper only ;note they won't take cereal boxes which is made of cardOh well I suppose not every-one got the cheap crappy paper cards like i did...

Murdina Bug
29-Dec-05, 10:23
Love to use the blue box James but we havna got one! Or a brown bin either, so the tree will just have to go with the normal rubbish. I think the bins are just in Wick and Thurso just now (maybe some of the larger villages?), not 'country areas'.

Liz
29-Dec-05, 19:11
According to an article in the Groat last Friday:- 'Residents who have a kerbside recycling collection from their properties can recycle Christmas Cards, wrapping paper, extra food tins and drinks cans using the recycling box after Christmas. Real Christmas trees can also be put out in the brown bin but householders are asked to make sure they are cut into easy to manage pieces first.'