PDA

View Full Version : Fuschia update

porshiepoo
26-Aug-08, 10:32
Well as I said in my past post a few months ago I was giving it one last go at propagating Fuschia. So I took loads upon loads of cuttings of several different varieties and watched and waited and watched and waited and watched and ..........they died! Every single one of them and there were at least 40.[evil]

Then, the other day I was cleaning the greenhouse and noticed something growing quite heartily on the floor (have a mud floor). Yep, I can't grow one ruddy cutting but drop a stick of it accidentally on the floor and away it grows. :confused

So, I have one cutting - haven't a clue which variety mind - and next year I think I'll have a go at propagating them from hard wood cuttings - Hmmmmm or maybe this year if I can be bothered!

lynne duncan
27-Aug-08, 14:05
hi i took 3 cuttings from a fushia in the kitchen, about 2 inches long which still had flower buds on. nipped the buds off, stripped the bottom couple of leaves off and shoved them in a narrow vase with tap water after about two weeks they have started rooting