PDA

View Full Version : Any Domestic disasters over Xmas?

golach
27-Dec-05, 10:59
Any Domestic disasters over the festive season, well in my household my oven blew up on Boxing day and it was brand new on the 21st Nov. The Family were coming to get fed and watered, to say the air was blue was an under statement.
After contacting the help line only to be told it will be Friday before an Engineer will call, the atmosphere became a bit darker.
But a quick call to my son who lives nearest and he arrived post haste and departed with the items of food that needed cooking. The situation was saved when he and his family arrived with all the food an hour or so later, the day was not lost, and we all had a great time. And we will all laugh about it next year....Aye Right!!!!!

brandy
27-Dec-05, 11:01
nothing too traumaticthis year! *Grins* the kids are obviously over excitable and fighting over teh train set but knew that was coming!
other tahn taht just seem to have a never ending mess and cant seem to get the house clean!

Rheghead
27-Dec-05, 14:41
I'm glad that you got sorted in the end, Golach. There is nothing more annoying than a new piece of kit that decides to go wrong at precisely the wrong moment.

sassylass
27-Dec-05, 18:38
Nothing like Mr and Mrs Golachs troubles, but the week before Christmas we had some problems that had me wishing I was married to a plumber. Then the microwave went kaput... luckily a technician came and repaired it the next day. A quick stop at the bank for a second mortgage and by Christmas Day it was All Systems Go with four cooks in the kitchen, performing the highly choreographed Dance of Food (thanks Helen and Mary and Jer).

htwood
27-Dec-05, 19:32
Making a coq au vin for Christmas eve dinner, I splashed red wine all over my white blouse. Changed into a purple jumper, ohh clever lass, then whipped the cream for dessert. Yeppers, white dots everywhere. Sometimes you just can't beat the fates.

Golach, that was a clever ploy to get your son to do the cooking! -H

Tugmistress
28-Dec-05, 00:39
chest freezer gave up the ghost - full :(

to be mother-in-law arrived :(

partner scalded his hand tonight with boiling water filling hot water bottle :(

apart from that had a damn good lie in on my two days off and seen some snow tonight :D

Sporran
28-Dec-05, 07:36
Our domestic disaster occured when my hubby managed to clog up the kitchen sink on Christmas Day. Never being afraid to tackle any household repairs himself, he soon had the pipes apart underneath the sink, after finding that Drano just didn't do the trick! Still unable to reach the clog, he had to wait till the shops reopened on Boxing Day to buy a metal snake device, which he assured me would reach the elusive clog. Well that didn't do the trick either, and when I got home from work today, hubby's final verdict was that we need a whole new kitchen sink! Something to do with corrosion he says...

So until we can afford a new sink from the do-it yersel' place, I canna even use my dishwasher (a girl's best friend, I say!) Dishes have to be washed lovingly by hand in plastic basins, with water transported from the bathroom sink. Then the dirty dishwasher has to be carried back to bathroom and disposed of there afterwards Such fun, fun fun! :rolleyes:

Partan
28-Dec-05, 15:52
Any Domestic disasters over the festive season, well in my household my oven blew up on Boxing day and it was brand new on the 21st Nov. ..... And we will all laugh about it next year....Aye Right!!!!!

I would have thought your biggest festive season disaster was ....

Inverness CT 2 Hibernian 1

Roll on 28 January for the battle of the titans!!!

Partan