PDA

View Full Version : Is this man for real??

golach
24-Aug-08, 20:35
Boris Johnson at his worst, what the heck can the World think the Londoners are like , if he is an example?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7580165.stm

2little2late
24-Aug-08, 20:43
Maybe by 2012 comedy will be an Olympic sport then Britain will win a gold. This guy is brilliant!

Anne x
24-Aug-08, 20:44
Sorry to disagree I thought he was a Star jacket undone or whatever the only man there to sort the olympic flag when the Mayor of Bejing accepted it is was shocking all curled up then the OIC president handed it to Boris he unfurled it properly and waved it like it should be

At the handover party live on sky news he was in indeed the star er that be apart from our rather odd PM

Alex Ferguson eh team GB football team all very exclusive of course not !!! a well done team managed performance

And the ping pong bring back to G B was Hilarious be it waff waff !!!

we are a very diverse and eccentric nation so why not have one of our own on the world stage ie eccentric

Welcomefamily
24-Aug-08, 20:59
Boris he was brilliant.

wifie
24-Aug-08, 22:16
Yep have to say I quite like Boris too! :)

Melancholy Man
24-Aug-08, 22:22
Not as funny as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aIb-IplqY) chap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPOAKXBi9Pw).

teenybash
24-Aug-08, 23:14
Boris for Prime Minister.... he is dead pure brilliant!!!!![lol]

2little2late
24-Aug-08, 23:19
Boris for Prime Minister.... he is dead pure brilliant!!!!![lol]

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. He would certainly cheer the nation up. I'll bet if he was Tory party leader their poll ratings would get a boost.

Venture
24-Aug-08, 23:21
I think he's just what politics needs. I too thought he was brilliant.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
24-Aug-08, 23:26
If I had to be locked in a room with a politician with a view to having to listen to him give me a sales pitch, Boris would be my man.

DeHaviLand
24-Aug-08, 23:49
Well, its currently 10 - 1 against you golach. Maybe you need to get out a bit more. :)

scorrie
24-Aug-08, 23:55
Fantastic stuff:- "Ping Pong's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming home"

Gordon Campbell, without the vital lack of the minimum 10% sanity rating.

Gordon Brown was like your boring old fart of a Granda by comparison. Predictable stuff and it has little relevance, as he will be signing the sausage by 2012.

golach
24-Aug-08, 23:58
Well, its currently 10 - 1 against you golach. Maybe you need to get out a bit more. :)
Cheap shot, I was not on a point scoring exercise, just asking an opinion, and stating mine, who cares what the final result is as long as it creates debate.

Kevin Milkins
25-Aug-08, 00:05
I like that Lembit Opek as well, (proberbly spelt wrong ). Most of us have been brought up to follow our parents politics and mine ,as an ex coal miner was labour.
As I have got older I seem to care not what party is saying what ,but who is interesting and captivating when they speak regardless of there party.

Welcomefamily
25-Aug-08, 08:11
shame about the picture behind him.

jay
25-Aug-08, 12:14
I have to say I quite like Boris Johnson, however i thought he looked totally out of place at the olympic closing ceremony - his suit looked like it didn't fit and to walk down the red carpet with his hands in his pockets was ridiculous.

Actually i thought the whole 8 minutes of selling London 2012 was pretty naff - Leona Lewis murdered her song, the frock was silly, the sound quality was terrible and you could barely see Beckham as he was wearing black. Jimmy Page was excellent tho!

Let's hope they get it better for the actual event.

_Ju_
25-Aug-08, 12:25
He is funny and not to be taken too seriously. Because of that I would be very worried at the possibility, however remote, of him becoming PM.

joxville
25-Aug-08, 12:35
As other's have said, Boris is the fresh air that politics need. If he was Tory leader I may even vote for them for first time ever.

However, what concerned me more is the use of hindley's,(small 'h' deliberate),image to promote Visit London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7580261.stm

loobyloo
25-Aug-08, 12:35
Don't want him for PM but he is hilarious!! Good to see someone just promoting the Olympics and not their own political brand.

Did anyone see him on that BBC programme, trace your family tree thingy? Can't remember the name of it (senior moment). He was really entertaining and is apparently related to half of European royalty: unsurprising given the state of his chin :) George the II was his great great great great great great great great great great grandad, or something. Not sure about the number of greats. Unofficially though. His response was really funny.

Couldn't stand him a few years ago but he seems to be improving with age. Let's hope the same goes for the rest of us, eh?

Gleber2
25-Aug-08, 12:36
He is funny and not to be taken too seriously. Because of that I would be very worried at the possibility, however remote, of him becoming PM.
Why not? He's a better clown than Flash Gordon.:)

rich
25-Aug-08, 14:10
Of course he was marvellous and he is a British national treasure. Also that was a brilliantly researched speech. Well done, all concerned!

Tilter
25-Aug-08, 15:57
Boris is definitely growing on me. The fact that he can make himself interesting to listen to puts him ahead of most politicians.

domino
25-Aug-08, 20:24
Watched the show "Who do you think you are?" It was about Boris and his family. Found him to be an excellent speaker, funny,fuuny guy.

MadPict
25-Aug-08, 22:43
Bet everyone will remember what Boris said at the London House do - more so that the mumblings of Brown.

Ping Pong is coming home.....classic!!!

teenybash
25-Aug-08, 23:06
I think Boris has just created a new slogan with his 'PING PONG IS COMING HOME.....' Fantastic, Good on him....:Razz

wifie
25-Aug-08, 23:27
I think Boris has just created a new slogan with his 'PING PONG IS COMING HOME.....' Fantastic, Good on him....:Razz

I prefer Wiff Waff teenybash - I thought that was hilarious esp in his plummy accent! [lol]

Rheghead
26-Aug-08, 00:14
He rides a bike so there is a plus point for the guy.............and he is of royal blood.:lol:

scorrie
26-Aug-08, 14:49
Also that was a brilliantly researched speech.

Aye, it took all the might of one lackey, armed with a laptop and the Oxbridge Eduction that allowed her/him to type Wikipedia!!

Credit where credit is due but we were hardly talking rocket science here.

teenybash
26-Aug-08, 16:53
I prefer Wiff Waff teenybash - I thought that was hilarious esp in his plummy accent! [lol]

You are right...it does sound better.......WIFF WAFF IS COMING HOME...
yes it does have a kinda ring.........[lol]

wifie
27-Aug-08, 00:23
Aye, it took all the might of one lackey, armed with a laptop and the Oxbridge Eduction that allowed her/him to type Wikipedia!!

Credit where credit is due but we were hardly talking rocket science here.

Don't judge everyone by yer own standards! ;)
Good job on the rocket science front or there might not be many replies on here or if there were it would be from the same old rocket scientists and someone would complain! :roll:

northener
27-Aug-08, 07:57
I like Boris.

As for Rocket Science - you too can design a rocket and be a Rocket Scientist!

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/RocketScience101/RocketScience101.html

scorrie
27-Aug-08, 10:05
Don't judge everyone by yer own standards! ;)
Good job on the rocket science front or there might not be many replies on here or if there were it would be from the same old rocket scientists and someone would complain! :roll:

I know for a fact that Boris's aide Googled whiff whaff. The laddie phoned me and asked why he could not find "Wickerpedia" on the web. Once I had set him straight, he was away like a Linty.

Just for the record, Whiff Whaff has zero chance of making a comeback in professional sport. Cigar boxes? Champagne Corks? I see major problems from a lifestyle/health perspective. The Benson and Hedges/Bollinger World Whiff Whaff Championships? Nah!!

Rheghead
27-Aug-08, 10:50
"Wickerpedia" on the web.

That sounds like a website where the wifies can read about the gossip around the toon.

wifie
27-Aug-08, 14:37
You are right...it does sound better.......WIFF WAFF IS COMING HOME...
yes it does have a kinda ring.........[lol]

Oops teenybash looks like I canna spell our (fast becoming) favourite game!

I know for a fact that Boris's aide Googled whiff whaff. The laddie phoned me and asked why he could not find "Wickerpedia" on the web. Once I had set him straight, he was away like a Linty.

Just for the record, Whiff Whaff has zero chance of making a comeback in professional sport. Cigar boxes? Champagne Corks? I see major problems from a lifestyle/health perspective. The Benson and Hedges/Bollinger World Whiff Whaff Championships? Nah!!

Aye indeed but if Boris gets in aboot it we lose our pc-ness! Rock on Boris!

That sounds like a website where the wifies can read about the gossip around the toon.

As a wifie I would like to have it on record that I do not indulge in gossip - sounds more like a site for basket weavers or people who like odd films wi Edward Woodward (cue joke from Northener) in! ;)

percy toboggan
27-Aug-08, 19:09
Boris is an anti-dote to all the stuffed shirts we see so often.
He is an avuncular, (if yer 10) say it how it is kind of bloke.
Striaght speaking and interesting. Highly intelligent too.
He might well take over Cameron's mantle one day.

All that said he;'s an upper class twit..a monied and privileged pseudo-aristocrat.....but heroes are hard to find at 57..for now, he will have to do.
Keep ignoring those buttons Boris.

Ricco
28-Aug-08, 13:18
What a wonderful sense of humour! Something like this was needed to counter-balance the down-beat handover.