PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite Christmas Carol?....

weeboyagee
25-Dec-05, 14:00
Having watched the BBC Songs of Praise (after hearing the "Alleluia of the Angels" on the Christmas Mass before it), I was hoping that my favourites would have been in the top ten. I wasn't disappointed! My second favourite "In the bleak mid-winter" was there at no.4 and my all time favourite "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" was there at no.1!!!

No matter if you haven't a religous bone in your body, carols, their meaning and words carry wonderful messages to humanity at this time of year. What's your favourite?

They are as Christmas as the songs of the musicals, the Nutcracker Suite, the top Rock and Pop Christmas No 1s (before some smart person lists one of them as a carol!!!) but they have carried an age old message for a long time and will outlast most (notice I didn't say all :D) of the rest of the others!

Have a wonderful Christmas and not too much turkey - so come on then - what's your favourite???

WBG :cool:

dpw39
25-Dec-05, 14:29
Click on or copy and paste the following link to Carols with a difference:

http://www.sundog.net/carolofthechins/flash/index.html

Ciao and all the best for the festive season,

Dave the Rave :cool:
dpw39

krieve
25-Dec-05, 16:51
there is already a thread on this topic

shrek_donkey
26-Dec-05, 16:12
there is already a thread on this topic
I agree why do we need two threads about christmas carols.

weeboyagee
29-Dec-05, 14:26
I agree why do we need two threads about christmas carols.

OK smart person! I hadn't seen the other thread. Did that cross your mind? At least my thread had a point of view to put across and was worth the read. Normally I don't get embroilled in argumentative banter - but your addition of agreement to the advice that Krieve gave was worthless and served no purpose. I should imagine that most who read my post would have realised that I hadn't seen the other thread rather than start another for the heck of it! If you can't add something of worth to the topic - consider not adding at all! And consider this - how many topics get raised MORE than once in the forums and we are content to continue with whatever thread variation we choose to!

shrek_donkey
29-Dec-05, 16:13
Gawd put your toys back in your pram is their any need for the hissie fit poor little baby. Maybe you did'nt see the other one i was only agreeing with krieve and thanks for the rep

Wizzbang
30-Dec-05, 00:27
Thankfully its all over now.
Fortunately for me I missed the whole lot of it out here offshore Nigeria.

Say that as I may my favourite is always Silent night