PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

nicnak
24-Dec-05, 20:41
Wishing everyone on Caithness.Org a Very Merrry and Peaceful Christmas and hope you all have a lovely time!
nicnak

brandy
24-Dec-05, 20:59
Merry christmas to all and to all a good night!

sassylass
24-Dec-05, 23:51
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! I hope you get your heart's desire, and that 2006 is a good year for us all.

William
24-Dec-05, 23:52
There is already a thread about this http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=5424

but what the hell

Merry xmas every one :)

johndy
25-Dec-05, 00:03
Merry Christmas everyone

peedie man
25-Dec-05, 00:16
merry christmas and a happy new year to one and all

MJB
25-Dec-05, 02:00
Merry Christmas to everyone at caithness.org, hope you have a good one.

ktb50
25-Dec-05, 03:01
Wishing everybody a Very Happy Christmas from the John Shaw
Block 21, North Sea.....

Sporran
25-Dec-05, 03:13
May your Christmas be merry and memorable, and have a happy and safe Hogmanay, everyone! :)

Jeid
25-Dec-05, 03:28
Merry Christmas

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/images/smilies/mexican.gif

Mr P Cannop
25-Dec-05, 09:01
merry xmas everyone

katarina
27-Dec-05, 17:27
I just heard from an american pal that it is no longer 'politically correct' to use the word christmas.. for fear of offending non christians! Now they wish eachother 'happy holidays' what next?

Fluff
27-Dec-05, 17:46
And a happy new year to everyone :)

Drutt
27-Dec-05, 19:36
I just heard from an american pal that it is no longer 'politically correct' to use the word christmas.. for fear of offending non christians! Now they wish eachother 'happy holidays' what next?
What next? Well, it'd be fabulous if a few christians could get a little less paranoid since nobody in the western world has tried to stop any christians from celebrating any aspect of Christmas.

There's no reason for anyone to shove their own celebrations down anyone's throat, so Happy Holidays is a friendly, all-inclusive term, not a reason to take offence.

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukah, Happy Soyaluna, Merry post-solstice, Happy Bodhi Day, Happy New Year; whatever you celebrate, enjoy it! Happy Holidays, all of them!!!

katarina
27-Dec-05, 20:15
And it would be fabulous if you didn't get so paranoid about anything that sounds remotely christian! what are you afraid of? IF it means nothing then - it's only a word for goodness sake! Sometimes political correctness goes a bit too far!

Drutt
27-Dec-05, 20:32
And it would be fabulous if you didn't get so paranoid about anything that sounds remotely christian! what are you afraid of? IF it means nothing then - it's only a word for goodness sake! Sometimes political correctness goes a bit too far!
Do please show me where I have been paranoid. What are you suggesting I'm afraid of? What word are you talking about? Christmas? You may have failed to notice, but I used it in my last post.

And again, what's going too far? Has anyone tried to stop you wishing anyone a Merry Christmas? No? So where is political correctness going too far?

abalone
27-Dec-05, 20:49
Peace on earth and goodwill to all men[and women]
Happy new Year everyone.

jjc
27-Dec-05, 20:55
And it would be fabulous if you didn't get so paranoid about anything that sounds remotely christian Woah, woah, WOAH! :mad:

Did you even try to read what Drutt wrote before you jumped in with both boots or are you just struggling to comprehend?

There is nothing ‘sounds remotely Christian’ about your previous post; you went right ahead and used the ‘C’ word in your first sentence. As for your ridiculous insinuation that Drutt has somehow tried to stop you from wishing people a merry Christmas, look at the first two words of her third paragraph and you might notice that she is wishing you a merry Christmas.

Now come on, get a grip. There are already two threads about Christianity (Bigoted Secularists (http://showthread.php?t=5495) and Open and Closed Minds (http://showthread.php?t=5536)). Both have posts from myself and others which you have chosen to ignore. Is it possible that you are happier jumping into any thread going to beat your Christian drum than you are actually debating the subject?

Now, I hope that everybody had a good holiday (whatever they want to call it) and I hope the New Year finds you well.

Niall Fernie
28-Dec-05, 10:55
Katarina, Drutt & JJC, please stop this petty backbiting.

Thread closed.