PDA

View Full Version : toilet seats

bobandag16
24-Aug-08, 10:10
notice lately about toilet seats being left up. i remember asign on atrain . steam . gentlemen lift the seat be fore use .did not say putit back . please adjust your dress before leaving.:)

Welcomefamily
24-Aug-08, 10:43
My wife put a notice up for myself and my sons, if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and clean the seatie.

Alice in Blunderland
24-Aug-08, 12:13
:lol: But if you hovver its no bovver...............:lol:

brokencross
24-Aug-08, 12:13
A notice in a gents public toilet from the cleaner:- "We Aim To Keep These Toilets Clean..Your Aim Would Help"

Angela
24-Aug-08, 12:15
notice lately about toilet seats being left up. i remember asign on atrain . steam . gentlemen lift the seat be fore use .did not say putit back . please adjust your dress before leaving.

When I was a little girl I do remember wondering -and indeed asking my Mum -why a 'gentleman' would be wearing a dress.....:roll: [lol]

bobbyrussell09
24-Aug-08, 14:18
a post about toilet seats come on ,i think someones a bit bored

wee sparkle
27-Aug-08, 22:46
One of the many joys of en-suite bathrooms, its your bathroom, your mess and your problem if you sprinkle on the seat. Exactly why the two males in our house each have their own en-suite and the rest of us just steer clear of them!:lol:

Cattach
28-Aug-08, 13:50
a post about toilet seats come on ,i think someones a bit bored

No, just peed of and looking for something to do!

trix
28-Aug-08, 14:20
No, just peed of

better than bein peed on - unless yer on fire :Razz

or choost intil 'at [lol]

AfternoonDelight
28-Aug-08, 14:27
Oh Dear!! :eek::eek::eek:

wifie
28-Aug-08, 14:29
No, just peed of

Hope you didn't and at least if you did you wiped up after you! ;)

joxville
28-Aug-08, 21:42
Finally, the solution to lifting/lowering of the toilet seat:

http://www.flicklife.com/6c67bd0529ab7d438c1a/American_Inventor_Funny_Toilet_Seat_Inventions.htm l

joxville
28-Aug-08, 21:57
This thread has made me wonder who invented the toilet seat and why? I've had a look on the web but have nothing to go on. :D

I did find this though:

TOILET PAPER
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/tgifs/Toiletpaper.GIFJoseph Gayetty invented toilet paper in 1857. His new toilet paper was composed of flat sheets. Before Gayetty's invention, people tore pages out of mail order catalogs - before catalogs were common, leaves were used.

Unfortunately, Gayetty's invention failed. Walter Alcock (of Great Britain) later developed toilet paper on a roll ( instead of in flat sheets). Again, the invention failed.

In 1867, Thomas, Edward and Clarence Scott (brothers from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) were successful at marketing toilet paper that consisted of a small roll of perforated paper . They sold their new toilet paper from a push cart - this was the beginning of the Scott Paper Company

northener
28-Aug-08, 22:00
...............In 1867, Thomas, Edward and Clarence Scott (brothers from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) were successful at marketing toilet paper that consisted of a small roll of perforated paper . They sold their new toilet paper from a push cart - this was the beginning of the Scott Paper Company

So they didn't actually come up with the idea of toilet paper themselves?

Sounds like they 'ripped off' someone elses Idea.[lol]