PDA

View Full Version : What Would Your Olympic Sport be?

ashaw1
23-Aug-08, 22:52
Following on from the what shouldn't be an olympic sport i just wondered what you thought your friends/family could make into an olympic sport. Mine would probably the how long a teenager can dodge a shower for sport, the how many tv channels can you watch in a minute sport and how many wet towels can accumulate on the bathroom floor before someone pics it up sport.

Anne x
23-Aug-08, 22:54
easy Mine be how long can Oh Snore for sport !! or how long can one person spend in Garden sport

Welcomefamily
23-Aug-08, 22:59
Fishing...............

tigger2u
23-Aug-08, 23:04
Following on from the what shouldn't be an olympic sport i just wondered what you thought your friends/family could make into an olympic sport. Mine would probably the how long a teenager can dodge a shower for sport, the how many tv channels can you watch in a minute sport and how many wet towels can accumulate on the bathroom floor before someone pics it up sport.

ohhhh there just has to be a farting contest.
Judged on Loudness....Repetitions....and Consistency and point deducted for follow through lmao[lol]

sorry couldnt resist

footie chick
23-Aug-08, 23:10
Ours is how long can it take to fill the washing basket after I think I've done the lot :(

wifie
23-Aug-08, 23:10
Et tu tigger - [lol]

teenybash
23-Aug-08, 23:33
The new triathalon would be the FBS........Farting, Belching and Snoring....my oh will set the world record, no bother!!![lol]

northener
24-Aug-08, 00:17
Formation Synchronised Pie Eating.

wifie
24-Aug-08, 00:23

Then you could go for yer second medal in the Farting comp! ;)

Wellies
24-Aug-08, 00:27
Rifle shooting. Cannot believe it is classed as a mens sport and women should not compete.[evil]

Venture
24-Aug-08, 00:27
Has to be how many times a teenager can open the fridge door in one day (especially at weekends) and say I'm starving sport - or - How many socks can be lost in the space of a week's washing sport. - or - How many times the toilet seat has to be put down in a day sport. Definitely potential Gold Medalists in all categories from our house.

Rheghead
24-Aug-08, 11:13
Chess probably.

Angela
24-Aug-08, 11:32
'How quickly can you empty everything in Granny's fridge out onto the floor' sport for the under threes...:roll::lol:

Camra
24-Aug-08, 21:44
Nip drinking.
Think of all the money that would generate for Scotland during training.

canuck
24-Aug-08, 21:47
Fastest time to get back into the org quiz room on a particularly ruthless evening of 'revolving door'.

Kevin Milkins
24-Aug-08, 23:47

At last, a sport that I could be good at.:D

Rheghead
25-Aug-08, 00:01

Lack of facilities will have prevented your progression in your sport and the potential for a gold medal, so best move out of Caithness then as you can't get a decent pork pie any where north of Carlisle. Beef pies are ok but they aren't exactly Olympic standard.:D

Best pies are from Pocklington without a doubt.:Razz

Venture
25-Aug-08, 00:11
Have to disagree Johnstons Pies can't be beaten, anywhere.;)

dook
25-Aug-08, 08:47
The "Running kid braining themselve on the parked jeep wing mirror" event, followed by the "gravel dive" ending in the " tear slalom". Ours will win hands down!!!

joxville
25-Aug-08, 13:34
I think I'd be a shoo-in for gold medal at sitting-down-doing-sod-all sport.

joxville
25-Aug-08, 14:06
Have to disagree Johnstons Pies can't be beaten, anywhere.;)

I'll second that-I used to make them.:)

brandy
25-Aug-08, 14:11
according to my hubby i would be a gold medelist at nagging *G*

wifie
25-Aug-08, 15:01
Lack of facilities will have prevented your progression in your sport and the potential for a gold medal, so best move out of Caithness then as you can't get a decent pork pie any where north of Carlisle. Beef pies are ok but they aren't exactly Olympic standard.

Are the pies up here not mutton? ;) Well actually not very sure what is in them but I believe the Hairy Bikers are doin a prog about scotch pies so maybe we will find out! :) (Or maybe we don't want to know!)

northener
25-Aug-08, 15:57
Lack of facilities will have prevented your progression in your sport and the potential for a gold medal, so best move out of Caithness then as you can't get a decent pork pie any where north of Carlisle. Beef pies are ok but they aren't exactly Olympic standard.:D

Indeed, Rheggers. The Scots make crap pork pies.

So already the infant sport of Formation Pie Eating has hit its first hurdle (pie eating whilst hurdling....hmmmm...).
The Scots would want to use Scotch pies whilst the English will demand pork. The prospect of a GB Pie Team is already in doubt as Alex Salmond has demanded that the Scots have their own team and pies* - so the English will have to do the same.
The Welsh (that's you, Kevin) will eat anything, so no problems there.

This could upset the Olympic Pie Comittee and also those professional pie eaters in Scotland who fear Scottish Premier League pie eating could be jeapordised by any Scots Olympic team.:eek:

So, a pie Schism!

Now, anyone for combined Hurdling and Pie eating?

* Or maybe I misheard Mr Salmond, he could have just been demanding more pies for himself.

joxville
25-Aug-08, 21:22
Now, anyone for combined Hurdling and Pie eating?

Perhaps we could dangle a pie over each hurdle and as the competitor jumps they have to take a bite of the pie, failing to bite incurs a ten second penalty.

You could take part too Northener-I hear you have a big mouth. [lol]