PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Traders clothing company.

poppett
23-Aug-08, 19:01
Bought a couple of items three years ago from the above company using my credit card to pay for them. One of the items was returned and the credit processed to my card without any prompting. Haven`t used them again since as I have not had the need to purchase anything else they sell, but would have recommended them had anyone asked about their customer service.

The day before yesterday I missed a call on my mobile and as I didn`t recognise the number did not return the call, thinking that if it was important the person would call back.

Yesterday the call was returned. It was my credit card company to say that my card was likely to be used in a fraudulent scam and it was being cancelled immediately and a new card would be sent in about two weeks with new 16 digit number which I would not have to register......end of call by the operator.

Phoned the customer service department at the credit card company to be told that a number of cards which had been used to make purchases previously from "Cotton Traders" were likely to be scammed with false purchases and that this was the only way they could prevent this happening.

I now have the inconvenience of contacting the companies I deal with and make payments with that card........ when the new one comes...... in the meantime it was cancelled so quickly I could not even top up my mobile before the call ended. I had the landline in one hand and the mobile in the other, but it had obviously been stopped during the first call.

Can`t fault their prompt service, but hope when the regular end of month payments are asked for from other companies they will at least honour them on the account as in principle it is only the numbers that are being changed. If not they are in for an arguement if I get late payment charges from the catalogue companies on my account as I will be expecting the credit card company to repay these.

Anyone else had a similar problem with "Cotton Traders"?

Welcomefamily
23-Aug-08, 19:15
No but we had the same phone call and a new card sent, we were half way through a transaction on Easy Jet, we did not take it any further by asking why but we have also used them many times in the past, never with any problems.

Fluff
23-Aug-08, 22:33
there was something in the paper about cotton traders and this problem a few months back. i cannot remember the exact details but i think they got hacked and details may have been stolen. there may be something on their website?

footie chick
23-Aug-08, 22:48
there was something in the paper about cotton traders and this problem a few months back. i cannot remember the exact details but i think they got hacked and details may have been stolen. there may be something on their website?

this might help?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7446871.stm