PDA

View Full Version : Charity car wash

poppett
23-Aug-08, 15:00
Need your cars washed today folks and if you are in Thurso, then head to the Fire station. Brilliant job and even wheel dressing on, all for a donation. Teas available too for 80pence.

upolian
25-Aug-08, 14:23
trying not to sound arrogant but budget shampoo and yellow sponges ruin the paints finish,i hope they are using half decent cleaning products!

poppett
25-Aug-08, 14:44
Must have been some kind of wash and wax as the rain just fell off the bodywork this morning when I moved off.

Whatever they used it had to be better than the usual jetwash I am forced to use which washes me as well.

OH so impressed with mine he went and got his done too, and he is VERY fussy about his wheels.

JammyDodger69
25-Aug-08, 15:18
''trying not to sound arrogant but budget shampoo and yellow sponges ruin the paints finish,i hope they are using half decent cleaning products!''

you're not only sounding arrogent but kinda silly too. you car withstands weather conditions,eg thunderstorms,hail stones, snow, frost, scorching heat. also stones hitting it while you drive, people touching it or leaning on it, birds pooing on it...i'm sure using a cheap shampoo isn't going to harm your paintwork unless its already in really really bad condition.
plus they are not making you go to get your car washed their...if your car is too 'posh' to raise money for charity then thats fine, your're not forced to go.

i know for a fact that it wouldnt harm the car as i have washed my car a good few times with washing up liquid when i've run out of car shampoo and my car is paintwork is in tip top condition.

jay
25-Aug-08, 15:32
we were delighted with the service at the fire station and got both cars done. They even used a spray to remove the midge marks and special stuff for the whell hubs. Will definately go again next time.