PDA

View Full Version : general handy man

sadam
23-Aug-08, 09:43
Looking for a general all round handy man, to fit a kitchen and a bathroom , also any other little jobs like an odd door etc anytime suitable

Fran
24-Aug-08, 02:09
I have been told Alex Mackay is very good, and he always advertises in the Groat

upolian
25-Aug-08, 14:28
private message me i know someone qualified that will do this for you alot cheaper than trade price

Julia
25-Aug-08, 15:52
I tried a couple of the advertisements in the Groat for local handymen and one guy came round had a look and never bothered sending me a quote, the other did a wee bit of work and never came back to finish the rest, absolutely pathetic!

binbob
25-Aug-08, 16:27
I tried a couple of the advertisements in the Groat for local handymen and one guy came round had a look and never bothered sending me a quote, the other did a wee bit of work and never came back to finish the rest, absolutely pathetic!

yes..happened to me too...and one never even re0plied on the org to my email.so so rude and unhelpful.

rfcgav
25-Aug-08, 17:25
Aye ken the feeling kinda goes for most companies and tradesmen up here i find, Wonder if the credit crunch really hits will they be so willing to pick and choose their times/jobs so willy nilly?

Welcomefamily
27-Aug-08, 05:25
JD Kitchen and Bathrooms 01955 605707 & 07932681194

philupmaboug
27-Aug-08, 09:20
Alex Mackay has carried out work for me and some of my colleagues with no complaints what-so-ever! He is very well priced and does an excellent job.
Contact number 07900553693

Thumper
27-Aug-08, 10:21
Hi there,try Home Fix It I just have and couldnt be happier,they advertise in the Org business pages,but I have just asked him if its ok to post his number and he said yes so the number is :01847821014 x

Liz
27-Aug-08, 12:25
Hi there,try Home Fix It I just have and couldnt be happier,they advertise in the Org business pages,but I have just asked him if its ok to post his number and he said yes so the number is :01847821014 x

Thanks for that Thumper.:D Very handy to know and that's what I call a handyman!:lol:

Thumper
27-Aug-08, 13:12
Thanks for that Thumper.:D Very handy to know and that's what I call a handyman!:lol:

You are welcome Liz,not many about that can do lots of jobs so when you find a good one its always good to spread the news!He doesnt advertise apart from on the Org as he has found that he is busy enough just by word of mouth,so he must be as good as I thought! x

Liz
27-Aug-08, 13:20
Yes it is so 'handy' when you find someone who can do as much as this guy as it saves you looking around for different tradesmen.

Like some of the others I have been fed up either by poor workmanship or tradesment just not turning up!:roll:

The only problem is Home Fix It is going to be so busy now I won't be able to get him when I have raised enough cash for the work needing done!:lol: xx