PDA

View Full Version : Best place in Wick for tea/coffee?

KCI
22-Aug-08, 15:40
We are taking a friend out for tea and cakes in Wick, as they don't have enough time for lunch.
Where is the best place in Wick, for tea/coffee and home baking, fancy cakes etc?

Julia
22-Aug-08, 17:59
It's got to be Wickers World (harbour cafe), you cannot beat their homebaking!

poppett
22-Aug-08, 18:23
I second that.......... Wickers World............. out of this world delicious coffee and giant sized home made cakes, scones and traybakes.

Simply the best in the County at the moment.

KCI
22-Aug-08, 19:45
I have to admit that I have never been in there!
OK - we'll give it a go!
Thank you. :)

Julia
22-Aug-08, 19:58
Trust me, you will love it!

Margaret M.
22-Aug-08, 22:33
Based on the recommendations, Wicker's World will be one of my first stops when I come over in a couple of weeks.

thursobhoy
23-Aug-08, 07:02
Wickers World is out of this world, the baking is fantastic, the food is excellent, the staff are brilliant it is by far the best place in the county, i would rather go there than any other place for my lunch, or just a coffee that includes the hotels.

JWM
24-Aug-08, 11:06
I like going to The Lunchbox because the decor and atmosphere is lovely.
They have really good home baking and give you free tea or coffee top ups.

poppett
25-Aug-08, 14:49
My good deed for today was to send a wee note to the folks at "Wickers World" to point them in the direction of our forums so they can see the wonderful posts that have been submitted about them.

Tongue in cheek I suggested they might consider later opening and possibly Sunday if not all year round, then perhaps for the tourist trade next year.

In this world if you don`t ask, you don`t get, so I have taken the bull by the horns and asked.

Will let you know if I have any response.

telfordstar
26-Aug-08, 14:10
My good deed for today was to send a wee note to the folks at "Wickers World" to point them in the direction of our forums so they can see the wonderful posts that have been submitted about them.

Tongue in cheek I suggested they might consider later opening and possibly Sunday if not all year round, then perhaps for the tourist trade next year.

In this world if you don`t ask, you don`t get, so I have taken the bull by the horns and asked.

Will let you know if I have any response.

I bet if they open on a sunday they would do a wicked sunday roast. On another note was in wickers world yesterday had the macaroni cheese i was out of this world yummmmmmmm