PDA

View Full Version : Server / Domain problems

Niall Fernie
22-Aug-08, 13:36
Due to a "default setting" which crept into our server configuration system in an earlier version several of our domains were given an expiry date. Bang on time all of the said domains (including the one for the forum) promptly switched themselves off. These have all been turned back on and should be reappearing soon.

Apologies for any loss of service.

Niall

stekar
22-Aug-08, 13:52
Phew, though it was just me having problems again.

Glad the forum is back up and running, I missed it!

Angela
22-Aug-08, 14:29
I can access the forum again on my pc, but sadly not on my mac laptop. :(

I am getting a PLESK message saying that the domain is either not configured or does not exist..... :confused

cuddlepop
22-Aug-08, 14:50
Only just got on myself,You dont have miss the crack.
Glad everything back to normal now.:D

brandy
22-Aug-08, 14:54
whew was starting to get withdrawl symptoms! thanks for letting us know whats up?

teenybash
22-Aug-08, 14:54
Woweee!!!! Have scanned my pc upside down and inside out thinking something had crept in and was lurking and hovering around the org.

One good thing my pc is as clean as a whistle....................[lol]

Valerie Campbell
22-Aug-08, 15:20
Phew, though it was just me having problems again.

Glad the forum is back up and running, I missed it!

Ditto. Glad we're all back up and running. Panicked there for a bit...

golach
22-Aug-08, 15:28
Due to a "default setting" which crept into our server configuration system in an earlier version several of our domains were given an expiry date. Bang on time all of the said domains (including the one for the forum) promptly switched themselves off. These have all been turned back on and should be reappearing soon.

Apologies for any loss of service.

Niall

Thanks Niall, you have made Mrs G very happy, the Org back up and running means I am out of her hair, and not mumping and moaning at her [lol]

silverfox57
22-Aug-08, 15:42
good see to org up and running again,never thought would have missed it, but was trying to get on a lot of times,oh is glad org is up and running,as i was moanimg it is still down,hope we are back to normal now,

Lavenderblue2
22-Aug-08, 16:28
Phew! As the saying goes - 'You don't know how much you'll miss a thing until it's not there.'

I was begining to think it was my computer.

LB

arana negra
22-Aug-08, 17:05
So glad to come home today and find I could get the org again, I missed it more than I would have thought.

Thanks for the explaination :) off to catch up >>>>>

mccaugm
22-Aug-08, 17:26
Again thanks for letting us know. I thought someone was playing silly beggars with my access to the org. How paranoid does that sound?:roll:

Venture
22-Aug-08, 18:30
Judging by some of the comments on here Id say we're all a lot more addicted to the org than we thought. If I had 50p for every time I tried to get on the forum since it went down, I'd be rich by now. Glad it's back up and running.

Sapphire2803
23-Aug-08, 14:50
I can access the forum again on my pc, but sadly not on my mac laptop. :(

I am getting a PLESK message saying that the domain is either not configured or does not exist..... :confused

If you press ctrl & f5, you'll get a full refresh which should solve the problem.

Angela
23-Aug-08, 15:44
If you press ctrl & f5, you'll get a full refresh which should solve the problem.

Thanks so much Sapphire, it has indeed. :D I've not had my mac for long and am still getting used to it! Currently reading Mac OS X Leopard for Dummies....:o

Cheers!
Angela

Whitewater
27-Aug-08, 10:22
Thank you for letting us know Niall, I did send an email to Bill and got a reply, I thanked him for that.. Don't know if it is a good idea to have it up and running again (from my point of view at least) I'll be wasting too much time and Mrs Whitewater will be moaning at me constantly but she knows I have a lot of fun on it.

Thanks again.