PDA

View Full Version : Jean Campbell - Achvarasdal

weeboyagee
23-Dec-05, 10:59
How sad to see in the Groat this morning that Jean Campbell of Achvarasdal Nursing Home had passed away yesterday at the grand age of 107. We held the annual carol service there a couple of nights ago. Everyone gets to choose their favourite and by the time we finish - we've sung all 26 in the book! On the many occasions I have been to Achvarasdal I have seen some dear old friends pass on.

Someone needs to say what a tonic that place is to the soul - so here I am saying it! I have come out of that home with my sides splitting at the laughs and laughter that is generated in there - by the staff - but mostly by the residents. Mrs Campbell sat in at every event that we were at there - be it myself, with the choir or for events like the Carol Service or a Songs of Praise,...and where did she sit?.....you guessed it,.....right at the front!!!

She had no doubt where she was going at the end of her days and although sad,..... I am sure she would have thought what a wonderful time of year to choose to go and actually be where she always wanted to be at the end. If I live to be that age - I hope that I can reflect back on life like she can with great satisfaction - and if it is via Achvarasdal, then I know I will have had a great time before I go!!!!:D Keep up the good work Alison and friends.....

WBG :cool: