PDA

View Full Version : Rubber plant help

teenybash
20-Aug-08, 23:29
I have a large rubber plant given to me last year and though it is growing well, every now and then one or two of the older leaves turn yellow and drop off......should this happen or am I doing something wrong. :eek:

porshiepoo
22-Aug-08, 14:20
I have a large rubber plant given to me last year and though it is growing well, every now and then one or two of the older leaves turn yellow and drop off......should this happen or am I doing something wrong. :eek:

That's perfectly normal and I shouldn't worry too much about it if the rest of the plant is healthy.
If you find that alot of the leaves are suddenly turning yellow though then you may have some other problem.

I have a similar plant and the leaves started going yellow and I was damned if I knew what was wrong with it. Then I found out that one of my male dogs had decided to mark his territory when we bought a new bitch to the family [evil] As you can imagine - not chuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torvaig
22-Aug-08, 15:49
I'm sure there are a few causes such as disease, mites etc; I found overwatering is the usual reason.....a much more common habit than underwatering.

teenybash
22-Aug-08, 21:08
I have a similar plant and the leaves started going yellow and I was damned if I knew what was wrong with it. Then I found out that one of my male dogs had decided to mark his territory when we bought a new bitch to the family [evil] As you can imagine - not chuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the dog story............mine are two bitches so unless one of them has gone a bit odd in her old age and trying to water the rubber plant herself..... :Razz