PDA

View Full Version : Hit Cat Springpark

teritoots
23-Dec-05, 09:07
Very sadly this morning someone had hit a cat at the castletown end junction into springpark and left it. When i came across it was still alive but it passed away a few minutes later there was nothing i could do. 2 guys came to help as i was so upset as this looked like a very well loved pet.
It is a brown tabby cat I don't think it had a collar on.
We moved it into the grass verge as there nothing more we could for it.
I am so gutted for the owners of the poor puss I just want them to know he/she did not suffer.
I'd just like them to know where he/she is so they can take them home as they probably won't know they are missing for a few hrs.

Mr P Cannop
23-Dec-05, 10:12
that is sad at this time of year i hope the driver does not sleep at nights thinking about what she/he has done

Liz
23-Dec-05, 13:48
So sad!:(

How awful for you to witness this Teritoots. At least there was someone with the poor cat for the last few minutes of it's life.

I know it can be unavoidable sometimes to hit a cat, although some don't even bother to try:mad: but at least the driver could have stopped to see whether the cat was dead or alive!!! It may have had a chance if it had been taken to the Vets.

unicorn
23-Dec-05, 18:24
I have pm'd u territoots.

teritoots
23-Dec-05, 18:33
Hi unicorn i've pm'd you back

I went back at lunch and the poor puss was still in verge. So i've asked a guy from stroma rd to have a look as he knows most cats in the area so see if he knew who's it was. But the cat could of come from anywhere really. Really sad for the cats owners hope they realise and find it.

funky-dunky
23-Dec-05, 18:55
i would like to give sympathy to the owners and i would also like to say i do hope somebody takes it and not just leave it there poor old thing.

Am ever so sorry to hear about the cat :(

teritoots
23-Dec-05, 19:09
The guy is gonna bury it if he can't find the owners. Which is also sad for owners as they can't say goodbye and they'll never be able to confirm it was theirs but i hope they feel thats better than being left beside road. Hopefully at least they'll know people cared enough to take the time to bury it. I wish I knew poor wee puss's name so i didni have to refer to it as "IT"
If anyone does find out who's cat it was could they let me know. It would bring me some kind of peace of mind kinda thing.
It was very dark this morning and when i checked at lunch it may of been more grey then brown sorry

unicorn
23-Dec-05, 20:20
Teritoots just wanted to let you know that the cat we thought it may be turned up safe and well thankfully :) if I hear whose cat it was I will let you know.

krieve
23-Dec-05, 23:28
poor cat some drivers just don't care and have no consideration for anything or anyone.

Beppo91
24-Dec-05, 14:25
Did you hear about the man who ran over a cat and the ran it over its skull again about 10x to kill it, it was in the Daily Record and everything the things that some drivers do is terrible i rekon there should at least be a fine of £1000 at least or community service or something and not let them get away with it!