PDA

View Full Version : Quickpass driving lessons

lagertops
19-Aug-08, 22:32
Hi

Does anyone have the no of the bloke that comes up for a weeks course?

Cheers

alanatkie
19-Aug-08, 22:40
The Number for Kwik Pass is 0808 1664 996

lagertops
19-Aug-08, 22:59
Thanks Alot

telfordstar
20-Aug-08, 12:36
has anyone used kwik pass whats their opinions?

rfr10
20-Aug-08, 13:05
Personally, I would say that there is no way anyone can gain necessary experience learning to drive in one week. Even people who are learning to drive once a week are still not experienced drivers once they pass their test so goodness know what ones who learn in a week are like.

Or have I got it wrong?

telfordstar
20-Aug-08, 13:36
Personally, I would say that there is no way anyone can gain necessary experience learning to drive in one week. Even people who are learning to drive once a week are still not experienced drivers once they pass their test so goodness know what ones who learn in a week are like.

Or have I got it wrong?

I think youve hit the nail on the head there. That was my thought exactly but was curious to see what everyone else thought.

AfternoonDelight
20-Aug-08, 13:55
I think if someone is brand new to driving, there is NO way they could pass their test in a week, not even with 10 hours tuition a day!!

On the other hand - there are a number of learners who are taken out by family members first, in order to minimise the cost of lessons. In this instance there might be a chance they will be good enough.

There was a thread on this before and i remember laughing at a post where someone said something like "yeah - they guarantee you'll pass your test after a week. I did it last year and failed..." :lol:

Oh the irony...

Surely if they GUARANTEE you will pass, they should give you your money back if you fail?

lelebo
20-Aug-08, 14:25
my fried paid this guy months ago because she wanted to pass her test quickly - she spoke to him a couple of weeks ago (for the umpteenth time) and he said the earliest she would get a slot is probably october which would be about a 6-7 month wait all in - not exactly a 'quick pass'

Blondie
20-Aug-08, 14:33
Why would she pay up front? You dont pay for the normal lessons up front. That doesnt sound right to me at all. Maybe a very small deposit may be ok but not the whole amount.

Surely she hasnt had to pay the full amount?

theone
20-Aug-08, 14:55

Or have I got it wrong?

It depends how you determine experience.

I passed my test after 12 lessons, 12 hours behind the wheel. I did these once a week.

Would someone who did 4 hours a day for 5 days be more or less experienced?

telfordstar
20-Aug-08, 15:28

I passed my test after 12 lessons, 12 hours behind the wheel. I did these once a week.

In a week how much of the elements would someone come across to gain experience in that kind of driving conditions im guessing not alot. where as learning slow letting the brain take it all in and over a space of time drive in a good few different elememts.

lasher
20-Aug-08, 17:00

I did the same, 10 or 11 lessons then passed, had been driving for years before that tho just neede to learn the rules of the road.

rfr10
20-Aug-08, 20:23

Did you do your test a long time ago when it was easier to pass? The roads were safer then than they are now. People need more experience. It like school work- you can't expect someone to learn all the work in one week and then sit the exam the day after. It needs to be spread out over a period of time and allow time for revision at the end. If I learned a new subject 4 hours a week for 5 days, some of the information may be fresh in my head but you'll then forget a lot as time goes by.

domino
20-Aug-08, 22:28
Expertise only comes with experience and practice,but, mind you ,seeing some of todays drivers I wonder if experience will ever come,and, will it be good,positive, and legal

domino
20-Aug-08, 22:32
I have read some rubbish, but the above takes the biscuit. If that person,rfr10, thinks that passing the test was easier years ago he or she could not be more mistaken. The driving test was never meant to be easy although I sometimes wonder how some folks ever managed to pass their test.

theone
20-Aug-08, 23:14
Did you do your test a long time ago when it was easier to pass? The roads were safer then than they are now. People need more experience. It like school work- you can't expect someone to learn all the work in one week and then sit the exam the day after. It needs to be spread out over a period of time and allow time for revision at the end. If I learned a new subject 4 hours a week for 5 days, some of the information may be fresh in my head but you'll then forget a lot as time goes by.

I did my test 9 years ago.

I'm not saying after passing your test that you're a great driver. The test shows you are safe enough to be on the road alone. That's when the learning begins.

As for the roads being safer years ago................................nonsense. They were quieter, but nowhere near as safe. The same 60mph limit with drum brakes all round and crossply tyres - you'd be safer in a modern car at 90mph.

Dali
20-Aug-08, 23:15
Passed mine in 12 hours over 2 days in blackpool as nobody up here did quik pass course.
And it was not just 2 sets of traffic lights and 2 little roundabouts like up here.
So yes they do work and work well.