PDA

View Full Version : It's not safe out there!

bekisman
19-Aug-08, 16:00
It's not safe out there!
Just arrived home from a break with the kids in Lancashire. Left yesterday morning heading north on the M6. After a few minutes announcement on the overhead gantries; "M6 closed between junction 34 & 35" mobile call from son telling us roadworks there and 'someone's had just smashed into a crane on the site. So we quickly turned off and got onto the A6. On that driving normally for half an hour when held up by an accident where 'someone' had driven into a wall and knocked it over (looked a new car too!).. Back onto the M6 - M74 (nice to see the Cumberland Gap work in Process - at last!), M73 and onto the infamous A9, a few miles north of Drumochter held up as a van and a car had collided; the car was 50 yards up a bank. Just after Slochd another hold up with a car and a motorbike - well half a motorbike. We usually do this trip in 8 hours; yesterday it was almost 12.. Nice to be back in the 'relatively' quiet Far North.

binbob
19-Aug-08, 16:33
just glad to hear u are all home safely...

silverfox57
19-Aug-08, 18:49
after reading thread about taxis near miss on hear think the far north is not that safe a place to drive as well,

Anji
19-Aug-08, 19:29
Having just spent a weekend in the noisy south, I feel that I should have an "I survived the M8" sticker stuck to my forehead. I didn't see any accidents, but I saw some waiting to happen. Yes, it's good to be back in the land of the sane.

Angel
19-Aug-08, 22:12
Lets make it easier for everyone to come up here, so we can be like that lot down there...

Keep it quiet... but Caithness is beautiful... lets keep it that way...

Angel

bekisman
20-Aug-08, 08:20
"Lets make it easier for everyone to come up here, so we can be like that lot down there... Keep it quiet... but Caithness is beautiful... lets keep it that way... Angel"

Ok, but what about the people who 'Came up to visit friends... and never went back...'?

Angel
20-Aug-08, 22:13
I totally agree with you bekisman... The first time I visited I told everyone how wonderful the people are... how much space there is... how the quality of life is so much better... within 3 months of living here I undid it all by saying its wet, windy, midgey, boring, no shops, anything they could latch onto I said we don't have it up here... the nearest Tesco, M&S B&Q etc was 110 miles away... that did it... I tell them nothing now as the metro living is infiltrating this wonderful place... I have seen it before in Hadfield... I lived there and there was nothing... then Tesco came, and in it wake came the rabble... Telegraph Road in the making...

Angel